UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Stinking marvel zombies

arnim zola

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH CRAP. I just went to DST.com and they did pushed the date back on the zombies. Stupid damn marvel mates. the inconsistency sickens me, especially with their competitor who I like less is whomping them all across the board. I have been looking at that 8/29 date with anticipation for over a month and now I have to wait again, while DC is pushing releases forward. Insanity and disappointment. That is what I am experiencing right now.

I went to my shop last night, who is always reliable to try and verify release dates. avengers wasnt on the list for next week so it was pushed back too.the only thing that was definate was dc series 5. The only marvel mates I got this year so far were X# which doesnt count and the marvel knights set from target. I havent gotten the spiderman box set b/c its sold out. So this year I have gotten 5 waves of dc without one new set of new marvel characters. good job marvel. fantastic.

So what did they say was coming out on the 29th? Were they able to get any other dates from diamond?

Ugh. You know, they can start picking fan favorites for future waves all they want, if they don't get their damn release dates worked out they'll always be second best behind DC, which is pretty pathetic since the Marvel mates were here first and have had years to get their act together. I'm sorry, this is just really frustrating, DC makes great quality mates with tons of new pieces without any thought given to incessant reuse, and they still get them out on time, sometimes even earlier than anticipated. And how long ago did they release proto images of the Marvel Zombies and Avengers wave? How much time do you need to make them, and if you can't get things done on time why don't they just belt up on the release date until they're finished and out the damn door? UGH!!

I went to my shop last night, who is always reliable to try and verify release dates. avengers wasnt on the list for next week so it was pushed back too.the only thing that was definate was dc series 5. The only marvel mates I got this year so far were X# which doesnt count and the marvel knights set from target. I havent gotten the spiderman box set b/c its sold out. So this year I have gotten 5 waves of dc without one new set of new marvel characters. good job marvel. fantastic.

So what did they say was coming out on the 29th? Were they able to get any other dates from diamond?

this was what i asked about when i was there

MARVEL MINIMATES 2-PK SER 16 ASST **29th August**

ST TOS MINIMATES SER 1 ASST **22nd AUgust**

MARVEL MINIMATES 2-PK SER 18 ASST **10th October**

MAR073020 MARVEL MINIMATES 2-PK SER 17 ASST **10th October**

1.) MARVEL MINIMATES 2-PK SER 16 ASST **29th August**

2.) ST TOS MINIMATES SER 1 ASST **22nd AUgust**

3.) MARVEL MINIMATES 2-PK SER 18 ASST **10th October**

4.) MAR073020 MARVEL MINIMATES 2-PK SER 17 ASST **10th October**

soooo....

1.) avengers. so another week and a half

2.) what is that?

3-4.) spiderman?

soooo....

2.) what is that?

3-4.) spiderman?

1.) avengers

2.)star trek

3-4.) spider-man 3

soooo....

2.) what is that?

3-4.) spiderman?

1.) avengers

2.)star trek

3-4.) spider-man 3

oh alright. thanks =)

Considering that I just picked up my Avengers set this week and Kirby(who lives just south of me) the previous week, I think folks can stop wetting themselves over this. Considering that my LCBG has yet to receive his Star Trek Minimates(Which apparently sold very well according to New Force Comics newsletter), I think my wallet deserves a rest. I'm always amazed when folks get worked up over release dates being revised. I'd much rather that happen than the worse case scenerio, cancellation of a line. So try and look on the brightside and quit your bitching :P

Okay, so now, My shop got their invoice of items for next week and the avengers is on it and so is the zombie set. So why did dst push the date back on their site? Its getting to the point to where we cant even get an actual release date. Not that we could before I suppose.

OK, business 101: From what I've seen of DST's business practices, they try to give the initial opportunity to their partners first and then start selling them directly on their website. Now what does this mean in laymen's terms? They are basically giving the first crack at their retailers(what they call partners), distributors and LCBS(Local Comic Book Shops), which is why they push things back on their site. Don't use a business or companies website as a release date for anything, especially collectibles. Because most of the time they push the date back further than expected to make sure they don't step on their

dicks

. I can't speak for the rest of you, but I call my LCBG every Monday or Tuesday to see what's coming in this week. My suggestion would be give it a try. If your LCBG proves to be slow on the uptake, it's time for a new person to get your business.

Its a fact.

Shipping list

The shipping list for this week includes the series 16 and the marvel zombies.

Thank the prophets. I was really starting to get ticked off. Nothing was really coming out and I was just about to call it quits since I just started collecting and I put my order for these in a while ago with the spiderman 3 mates (whom I am still waiting for.) Sept. and oct. are really going to kick my wallets butt.