UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Stop the Governator from banning video games!

NINTENDOwii

"The Video Games Network has started a campaign to stop California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger from appealing and get back the California's Anti-Video Game Bill, AB1179, which was recently "terminated" by a judge."

"Governor Schwarzenegger, who signed this bill into law, has said, "I will vigorously defend this law and appeal it to the next level." - It is important for anyone who lives in California and has a passion for video games to write the Governor so he knows how you vigorously oppose his law. Being an action movie star, the Governor should understand that our video games deserve the same first amendment protections granted to his violent movies."

"Please spread the word to Californians and if you blog, share this action with others!"

Note-All info was copied from the website www.Teamxbox.com(I wanted you all to know , and yes neo this should have gone in the video game thred but I wanted everone to hear about this)

It's interesting how "prohibiting the rental or sale of violent video games to minors in California" is translated to "banning video games! OMFG!!!1!" by people on the Internet. If you want to get a point across, try to represent the facts accurately and lose the Terminator puns.

That being said, I agree with the judge that the law violates the Right to Free Speech.

well if hed pull it off im sure hell be assasinated by a gamer sooner or later

im holland they where talking about banning some games too, but i havent heard much about it lately