UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

How to make a robot Green Lantern

Mystery Man

Here are the parts you need:

Battle-scarred Thing's helmet

John Stewart Green Lantern chest, crotch and hands

Steel's arms, legs and feet

Wonder Woman's gauntlets

I went further and cut the eyeholes out of the helmet and put a dark head underneath. An Emerald City blank or a Venom backwards looks best, I think. Also, if you want to really go so far you can add another pair of gauntlets by using the same TYPE that Steel comes with (but you'll need two Steels to get two of them). The gauntlets Steel comes with can be moved up the arm, so you put those on first and then "cap" the arm with the WW ones.

I think it looks damned cool.

Don't have a pic or else I already would've posted it.

I actually wasn't trying to make a robot John like in that picture, though that'd look really cool too.

The figure is more robot than GL. Just a GL chest and crotch and black hands. The rest is all silver from the Steel's arms, legs and boots. The Thing mask looks much better if you cut out the eyes

A note about cutting out the eyeholes:

Put a head you don't want anymore underneath the helmet and then put the head on a body you don't care if it gets scratched so you can hold it and it won't slip away from your fingers. You might even want to heat some water to a boil and soak the helmet for a minute to get it nice and soft. Then use an exacto knife and cut out the eyes really carefully.