UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Minimates

rickyroma

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet they are. I can't wait for them to start coming out. Looks like I'll have to clear some more space for the new ones...

I'm kinda dissapointed by the scale change(if it's happpening). One of the resons I like my marvel Minimates so much is because EVERYONE is the same size. You know why?: Say you find an interesting part on a 2.5'er that would be awesome for a 2' custom, but you cant do that because the 2.5' part is too big, or vise-versa. Right? That's just my thoughts, and I hope that all the DC Minis are 2'!!!

While I agree that utilizing parts for customizing, quick or other, might prove difficult, making characters that are larger in the comics in a larger scale Minimate not only makes sense but will add to the accuracy of the line.

I hope that the Marvel line incorporates this as well. It's time for Hulk, Colosus, and Thing to be the proper size. And I'm sure there are many others that would benefit from this larger scale.

Marvel won't be doing the 'bigger character thing' Chuck has said it dozens of times, it's the license that prohibits it, they are limited to aprox 2" figures!

As for DC.. to be honest I see both sides of the arguement and my opinion is..

Either way suits me just fine... :D :D :D

They are DC mates and well... I just want them whichever way they go with it! ;)

T.

Honestly I'm liking the DC minimates more than marvel ones now. Too many weak variants in the marvel line.

I'm a much bigger Marvel fan than I am of DC, but I have to agree; I'm pretty excited about the DC minimates. The Marvel 'mates are starting to suck. I'm really tired of seeing multiple variants; how many Things do we need? How many Spideys? And for crying out loud, how many freakin' Wolverines do we need?

I can understand that those characters are all pretty popular, but we've got, what, six versions of Cyclops? Two of those are simply repaints of a third!

The only character I can really understand having tons of variants of is Iron Man, since he's worn tons of specialized armor over the years, but he's only got four versions. Booo.

However, the DC line has a similar issue with Batman (I'm not counting the specialty suits; we've got 6 or so regular Batmen).

However, the DC line has a similar issue with Batman (I'm not counting the specialty suits; we've got 6 or so regular Batmen).

The previous Batman Frenzy was a C3 thing, hopefully it looks like DCD are gonig to keep the pointless bat duplicates down...

I'm totally stoked about the DC mates coming... :D

T.

Honestly I'm liking the DC minimates more than marvel ones now. Too many weak variants in the marvel line.

I'm a much bigger Marvel fan than I am of DC, but I have to agree; I'm pretty excited about the DC minimates. The Marvel 'mates are starting to suck. I'm really tired of seeing multiple variants; how many Things do we need? How many Spideys? And for crying out loud, how many freakin' Wolverines do we need?

I can understand that those characters are all pretty popular, but we've got, what, six versions of Cyclops? Two of those are simply repaints of a third!

The only character I can really understand having tons of variants of is Iron Man, since he's worn tons of specialized armor over the years, but he's only got four versions. Booo.

Great thoughts! I completley agree with you :D

I wonder when DCD will anounce further waves?

They usually solicit their figures pretty far in advance, hopefully the mates will be the same

I bet we'll see the next wave around April '07. Now, don't quote me on that, it's just a feeling I have. DCD aren't fools, and after three fast and furious waves of minis, our wallets will likely need a break. Similarly, I could be wrong, but I bet that could be the wave where we get some folks we've already seen in C3, like Martian Manhunter, Riddler, Catwoman and Nightwing.

Put me in the group for hoping that they're all only 2 inch. While it would be cool to have the bigger characters be bigger, the Marvel mates have already had all of the bigger ones at the same size so it would just fit better with them.

Not to mention the whole customizing idea. I for one would be sad to see cool stuff on the 2.5s that I can't use on Marvel customs. The LotR mates had a few instances like that.

Yeah, but IMO, I hope that's all it was: Control Art. It's not necessarily what the actual product is going to be. Hopefully....