UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ultimate Marvel Universe

Dan

Dan,

just out of interest, why are you having difficulty getting them?

I might be able to help.

Jo

Dan,

just out of interest, why are you having difficulty getting them?

I might be able to help.

Jo

My LCS has a few of them, but my main problem right now is money. They cost around £13 each near me, and 9x13= more money than I have right now. If you know where I could get them more cheaply I'd be very grateful. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if Punisher appeared in the Ultimate universe other than in one issue of Ult. Spider-man?

The one with Boomerang in?

Thanks

He was in one of the issues of the Carnage storyline (I forget which issue, but it is the one where punisher is fighting boomerang; possibly carnage pt 2), and once in the second USM annual.

Patriot

• 4 weeks later...

Have you seen who is doing the art work for Ult. X-Men now? It's a guy called Salvador Larroca, and he is really not up to scratch on the last few guys. He has drawn Rogue's costume wrong, and given her green eyes, with white outers, when she should have absorbed Gambits powers by then, giving her red eyes, with black outers. How can he make a mistake like this and not realise? Also in one from the 'Breaking Point, Part One' Xavier has no lips. In another frame, Dazzler is reading a magazine, and he has put the marvel.com hompage on there and it just looks ridiculous. Bring back the good old artists!

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone quickly clear the Ultimate Wolverine height deal for me?

I understood that he was 6ft in the Ultimate universe, but I've just read Hard Lessons and he's his usual lopped-off self.

Have I got it wrong or is this one of those bad editorial decsions?

Thanks,

Jo

Well Ultimate X-men getting axed would suck. I personally love the Ultimate universe, which, despite its flaws, offers a refreshing break from the confused mess that is 616 continuity. I'd say that Ultimates is harder to enjoy only due to time lapses between releases, X-men is usually hit or miss, and Spidey/ FF4 are the two prizes in this universe.

Not to mention that we only got Marvel Zombies due to Ult. Fantastic Four. :happy:

• 2 weeks later...

I would be well annoyed if they axed it. I love it! I haven't liked a few stories like the recent Nightcrawler going crazy one. Ult X-Men and Ult. FF are ace.

Ultimate Spider-Man has been and always will be the Poster Child for the Ultimate U, even with the recent departure of Bagly :(.

I will say that I used to follow all Ultimate Titles, up until a few years ago when I stopped buying comics. Since then, I've picked up the TPB for the Ultimate U (I'm waiting on pins for the Clone Saga :D ). Anyway, I just finished Ultimates 2 Vol 2 and I have to say that I LOVE the Ultimates. It's been, both volumes, one of the best books I've read in my lifetime. Sure, there were HUGE delays which is part of the reason I stopped following it monthly......or Tri-monthly, lol. Anyway, Hawkeye (whom I've never liked in 616) is my favorite Ultimate character, right next to Ultimate Thor and Ultimate Iron Man. The story was well written and even better drawn with some nice political and serious tones mixed with the great powerful and mystical elements. I loved it. Now, seriously, we NEED another Ultimate Minimate Wave with Iron Man/Thor, Captain America/Hawkeye, and Nick Fury/Wasp. neo

I still haven't found this in paper back. :(

I really want it. I've wanted a Ultimates wave since I started to collect. I like Hawkeye in both. Thor is my fav though, followed closely by Cap. I know many people hate the Ult. Cap, but I really like him. It gives a tougher edge to the book.

Does anyone know if Grand Theft America is out in UK yet as a TPB?

Dan,

Grand Theft America was out in comic shops same week as in the States.

For normal book shops, amazon, book depository and waterstones all have it on their websites as in stock (waterstones you have to search for ultimates 2 2), which hints you may be able to get it from their brick and mortar shops.

Hope that helps,

Jo

I forgot about Book Depository. That's much cheaper than I could get it in my LCS. Thanks again Jo. I'll be ordering that later this week. :D

I'll be waiting for ultimates 2. Volumes 1 and 2 to come out together in a hardback; does anyone know when this will happen? Patriot

• 1 year later...

I know this is a very old topic, but I couldnt think of anywhere else to put it.

So I read the whole of Ulitmates 3 over the last few days and I have to say it is the biggest pile of shit I've ever read. The new guys took everything that was good about the Ultimates and flushed it down the proverbial toilet.

Why the hell did they change all the costumes from the kickass Ultimate ones to copy the boring 616 costumes. Ult. Iron Man armour was the best designed thing I've ever seen and I'm sure many people would agree its the best armour. So why did they change it to be similar to the 616 armour? WHY!?

And Thor. Why did they make him look and sound like a sissy. THIS IS ULTIMATE! THOR IS COOL! And they just changed Mjonlir to the crappy 616 one, rather than the kickass Ultimate one.

What was the point of the whole Cap pretending to be Black Panther? Pretty pointless to me.

And they killed off Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Mastermind.

WHY!

Basically I'm choosing to ignore this whole arc.

I know this is a very old topic, but I couldnt think of anywhere else to put it.

So I read the whole of Ulitmates 3 over the last few days and I have to say it is the biggest pile of shit I've ever read. The new guys took everything that was good about the Ultimates and flushed it down the proverbial toilet.

Why the hell did they change all the costumes from the kickass Ultimate ones to copy the boring 616 costumes. Ult. Iron Man armour was the best designed thing I've ever seen and I'm sure many people would agree its the best armour. So why did they change it to be similar to the 616 armour? WHY!?

And Thor. Why did they make him look and sound like a sissy. THIS IS ULTIMATE! THOR IS COOL! And they just changed Mjonlir to the crappy 616 one, rather than the kickass Ultimate one.

What was the point of the whole Cap pretending to be Black Panther? Pretty pointless to me.

And they killed off Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Mastermind.

WHY!

Basically I'm choosing to ignore this whole arc.

Check out This Thread and believe in the Ultimate universe again. For Mark Millar, the God of the Ultimate universe has returned to correct all that Jeph Loeb has managed to fuck up and bring the Ultimate universe back to the pure Fucking awesome we all know and love. I believe in Mark Millar

And what the hell happened to Jeph Loeb? He used to be great (The Long Halloween, Dark Victory, Daredevil: Yellow, Spider-Man: Blue) then he sucks (Ultimates 3, Hulk #6 (WTF, It told us NOTHING about who Rulk is.)) and then he's suddenly good again (Captain America: White). I mean, does Tim Sale write too? Because that's the only thing I can think of to explain the discrepency between his work with Sale and the POS work tha he does without Sale.