UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

2nd Rocky Box Set Debut!

I'm personally looking forward to a Rocky 3 set ; if they do one.

Hopefully we'll get Hulk Hogan and Mr T.

I love the work on Paulie, especially how disheveled his coat looks, and the little booze flask. I'm really hoping we eventually see Hulk, Mr T, and Ivan Drago. A 'villains' box set would round out the series nicely. Oh, and a boxing ring, too!

Oh, and a boxing ring, too!

A boxing ring would be a great addition to the line! They could include an exclusive figure with the set as well. Although I imagine the failure of the resin display makes DST a little gun shy of playsets in general.

A boxing ring would be a great addition to the line! They could include an exclusive figure with the set as well. Although I imagine the failure of the resin display makes DST a little gun shy of playsets in general.

Why is it DST has to make playets out of resin? Isn't that stuff more expensive than say...plastic? Come to think of it... why didn't DST just have the MAXIMATES made out of plastic? Wouldn't that have been cheaper?

If anyone want to customize a boxing ring, maybe THIS is all you need. I've seen this at Target and the figures look close if not to scale with minimates. If DST isn't going to put out a ring, I'll definitly snag one of these when the Rockymates come out.

Why is it DST has to make playets out of resin? Isn't that stuff more expensive than say...plastic? Come to think of it... why didn't DST just have the MAXIMATES made out of plastic? Wouldn't that have been cheaper?

YES!! Plastic/rotocast would have been less expensive for the maximates. IMO plastic would have been a better choice for the display they offered as well. IIRC, the reasoning I heard at the time these were offered was that AA/DST has the equipment to make items out of resin, but not of plastic, so it actually would have been more expensive to make them of a material other than resin.

My question at the time (and still to this day) was, don't they make 'mates out of plastic?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...