UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Casting Hair pieces

TITAN

Anyone have any experience in re-casting hair pieces?

I've got 2 or 3 that i wanna do, but don't really know where to start.

If you have a really good hobby shop around where you live, you can ask them if they have any high quality mold making supplies. If they do, they should also sell casting supplies as well. The stuff's pretty easy to work with (it just takes some patience). I can't remember the brand name of the stuff I used in the past, but it is quite easy to do. There are instructions on the bottles and I'm sure the owner of the hobby store should know how the stuff works as well. Hope this helps somewhat.

The stuff I use is Alumalite. It works great. The mold compound picks up the smallest of details: My mold for the big-chest shows the paint tampo for Thing on it.

Is there anyone that is able to cast Nightcrawler hands and feet, and tail too I guess. I have no idea how to do it, especially something as thin as Nightcrawler's tail. I have the pieces if anyone is willing to do it. I have no problem paying for the time and materials.