UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Got My Batcopter, But Got 2 Big Problems With It Now

darkkrisp

Got my sealed batcopter I won off ebay in the mail today. Tried to put it together and ran into a big problem. I am missing one of the pieces that goes in phase one. It is the block with the string and hook attached. 96023-021.

I decided to inventory my pieces to make sure I did not just miss it. While I finished the inventory and I am missing a second piece. The second piece missing is the Canopy. 96023-006. I can not even put the copter together cause I am missing one of the starting blocks and to top it off one of the main things like the canopy.

Does anyone know if Art Asylum might have replacement parts or am I SOL? That would suck after spending almost a $100 bucks to have to do it again one day just for 2 parts.

Playalong was fixing issues like this and have long since stated that they are out of parts. Your best bet is to appeal to the folks here via the Flea Market. It might not be right away, but I bet you'll find your parts eventually.

Not exactly what you wanted to hear, I am sure, but hang in there.

I'm not familiar with the pieces in question, but are there likely to be comparable Lego pieces that could be used?

I've got a number of other C3 sets and most bits are the same as Lego ones. Admittedly, some are specific to the sets (like the mini-flyer wings), but you may be able to find something.

Hope that helps.

No, the parts in question aren't readily available in Lego format. While the part with the retractable line could be replaced with just some black or blue parts, you'd lose the function of the lowering cage/grab bar. And to my knowledge, the canopy isn't compatible with any other part available, be it Lego, C3, or otherwise.

But back to the question at hand, the Batcopter set was a very limited run, so the availability of spare parts is practically nil. It doesn't hurt to ask, but I've still yet to track down the missing figure from my Batcopter set, so I wouldn't get your hopes too high.