UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Shopping AFX

I put in an order for a case of the BSG wave 1 minimates back on March 16th (they weren't available at Stuckakids) and they received and accepted payment the same day, but I haven't heard anything about it since. No notification of shipping, no notification of delay, no nothing. I've checked my order status online but it doesn't even list a status, just a blank spot. I've tried emailing them a couple times, but the emails are getting bounced back to me as failed delivery. I'm not trying to speak ill of anyone, especially a company that is one of our featured sponsors, but has anyone else had this sort of problem? Any ideas what I can do to get my order completed? There's a void in my collection until these things arrive.

What email address are you using? Have you tried calling them?

They are tricky to get a hold of, but usually respond within a day or two.

I've tried the address they gave me in the original email, plus two more I pulled from their webpage (orders, sales, and service)

I recently had a similar problem with a different item. They totally lost my order.

Did you ever get it resolved?

As of April 4th, 6:11pm EST, I have been unable to get in touch with anyone from AFX. I've left a message on their machine and I've sent an email to the same three addresses from before using my work email this time (hopefully it won't bounce back to me this time).

EDIT: I got a phone call this afternoon from AFX. They said they'd be getting the sets in either this afternoon or next Wednesday and I can expect to see them in one to two weeks. We shall see.

Oh, and a couple days ago, I got the automated email asking me to rate the vendor. Probably best if I wait on sending that back in.

If AFX does come through and I get my BSG mates next week, I still highly doubt I'll be shopping with them again. I'll just have to start PMing our good friends at Stuckakid when things are out of stock and see what my options are.

Well it's good they got back to you I suppose but giving you a two week estimated time of delivery isn't too smart. I'd be prioritising delivery to try and keep the customer happy.

• 2 weeks later...

And, approximately one month after I placed the order, I have my case of BSG mates in hand.

Based on the experience as a whole, I'd say I'm not likely to use AFX again. When I ordered the set, it was listed as in stock with an estimated 2 week delivery time, meaning I should have seen them two weeks after ordering them at most. But I ordered them, paid for them, and payment was accepted all in the same day, then I heard or saw nothing to indicate that they even cared that I had placed the order. I received the automated "How was your experience?" survey before I even managed to get in touch with customer service to find out what was going on. I got a second survey before they even shipped the mates out. Then, when they finally shipped, I didn't get a notification from AFX or anything, and I wouldn't have even known had UPS not emailed me saying I had a package coming. At least this was for the BSG mates and not Marvel wave 13, so I could have a pot of gold at the end of this crappy rainbow. (Not saying Wave 13 sucked, just saying I wasn't as interested in that wave as I was this one, as wave 13 was designed and finalized in the year of darkness, whereas these were done in the year of rebirth)

I've shopped with AFX in the past with no incident, but this one has really soured me to their store. It could be that this is just one of those flukes that represents a very small percentage of their sales, but I'm just not in a position to recommend them to others.

Does anyone have any positive experiences with AFX? I hate to be knocking them without a balance of some kind.