UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hulk 2.5?

Rheul

Yeah, as long as DST has held the M arvel contract, there has been an imposed height restriction of 2". The only exception to date was Leader, who was still a 2" body with a taller head. It has been suggested that they could theoretically dip below the 2" mark, but you won't be seeing any 2.5" mates from the M arvel line anytime soon.

(I wonder how many of those words have been transformed today?)

I'm assuming that if Hulk is seen in Defenders wave, it'll be much like the upcoming Sandman and Venom mates from the Target/Classic Spidey box, Powerhouse chestpiece equals new version.

negatory good buddy way. The licensing contract DST has with Rocky forbids it.

Bummer...

Yeah, I'd love to see a 2.5 inch Hulk vs. 2.5 inch Hulkbuster Iron Man. That set would rock!

Patriot

It's one of those unfortunate things that doesn't really make a great deal of sense, especially now with the DC waves coming out it'll be harder to have some of the grudge matches many fans would love to have, for example Bane would look like a behemoth next to the Hulk even though he's clearly smaller in the comics. It's funny, because I can't figure why they're so hung up on soley 2 inches as I don't see them selling the rights to make 2.5 inchers to anyone anytime soon, but oh well, I'm not that worried about it, it's just puzzling.

My only hope is that they might be able to find/create a loophole with movie licenses. A new Hulk movie is on the way, it'd be great to have a Hulk movie line that could get us some larger figures.

woah nice i like the hulk 2.5" better because of the height and more detailing :teehee:

Thanks all! Glad to know my work is helping improve collections. :)

I am particularly proud of how my "second generation" of customs have come along. A lot of credit goes to the customizers on this board who've provided the tips, suggestions, and creative inspiration.

Hopefully I can have more "big" Marvel creations to show off in the future.

yea i own one and im VERY happy with it, its like a MMMV exclusive ;)

Thanks Aapje!

And I'm VERY honored that my work has traveled more than me! :)

My wife and I have planned for years to travel to Europe. Someday, someday ...

Here's a pic of 2.5" Hulk (2.5" Hulk made by JattaPake) with Banner and regular Hulk

47bso7k.jpg

The regular hulk looks so puny next to the 2.5" Hulk that I don't even display the regular Hulk anymore

Dude, the regular Hulk looks puny next to BANNER "for Lee's sake"!! Love that custom (except for the manicurred-quoiff)...the way Hulk SHOULD be. C'mon DST, I loved MEGO too, but don't let the limitations of the past dictate the present because of one half-assed analogy. It was stupid then, it's f**king absurd now. Go DCD!!!!

Thanks all! Glad to know my work is helping improve collections. :)

I am particularly proud of how my "second generation" of customs have come along. A lot of credit goes to the customizers on this board who've provided the tips, suggestions, and creative inspiration.

Hopefully I can have more "big" Marvel creations to show off in the future.

yea i own one and im VERY happy with it, its like a MMMV exclusive ;)

Thanks Aapje!

And I'm VERY honored that my work has traveled more than me! :)

My wife and I have planned for years to travel to Europe. Someday, someday ...

ur welcome :)

when u come to holland, let me know...i can be ur guide^^

soooo.....r u planning a next batch of bigger mates?

cause let me know, ill be the first to buy one :thumbsup:

but i think if the DST guys will get around that licence somehow sometime cause they can see how popular the big hulks are and realize how much money they can make out of it.

I doubt we'll ever see larger Marvel mates, if there was a chance of altering the license in the foreseeable future, why all the trouble and expense of doing the Minimates Max?

No way. The licensing contract DST has with Marvel forbids it.

Along with a proper motorcycle for Ghost Rider - even a movie related one. So, I doubt that a movie license would allow enough wiggle room in the contract to do anything outside the normal 2" mate gang.

His name is Ghost RIDER not Ghost WALKER. Right now, he's Ghost Waiting For The Bus. :verymad:

No way. The licensing contract DST has with Marvel forbids it.

Along with a proper motorcycle for Ghost Rider - even a movie related one. So, I doubt that a movie license would allow enough wiggle room in the contract to do anything outside the normal 2" mate gang.

His name is Ghost RIDER not Ghost WALKER. Right now, he's Ghost Waiting For The Bus. :verymad:

Not to change the topic, but does anyone know if the T2 Kubrick motorcycle serves as an acceptable alternative?

I hold out hope that DST can make 2.5" Minimates in the future.