UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Help needed

Hi, I'm new to this forum, and also to minimates. I'm a huge fan of BSG, and just recently learned of the minimates. I've been trying to track them down, and am having a hard time. Add to that I'm located in the Philippines, and it's nigh impossible for me to find them. My lcbs tells me that the BSG minimates are US only, and they won't be getting any. I've searched on some online stores and ebay, and have managed to find series 1, and pre-ordered series 2. However, I'm having a hard time finding the Cylons set. Can someone point me to any online site or auctions that still have a case available? Thanks ahead of time. I really, really want these badly.

Hi Arcdeluxe and welcome to the forum. I'd suggest your best bet in tracking down Cylons is going to be ebay or our very own trading forum. There's a good chance someone can score the Suncoast 5 pack of Modern Cylons for you, but I think you'll have a hard time getting a case of either Classic or Modern without having to pay some serious dollar out. Good luck mate. :)

Edit: Just after replying I catch this post from Punisher =D. Check out the ebayer he mentions.

Add him to your favorite sellers, like I have with various sellers and eBay will send you their new listings when the have new things up for auction ;)

Collecting is the only place I have patience as part of my mantra :D But trust me, it wasn't easy when I started out and it cost me alot of $$ to figure it out :confused: Right now because of being too busy to go to my LCBG(local comic book guy), I missed out on the variant Kobol Six :( I'm hoping with our upcoming show, I can find her at a reasonable price <_< Otherwise I'm going to need to come up with a plan B :whistling:

I know what you mean, Donster, but where I'm from (Philippines), patience isn't always a virtue. There are a lot of collectors here, and supply for certain items are few, so if you don't get it the first time, there's a chance you may never see it again, unless you resort to ebay. It's a lot harder to ship anything from the US to here, since shipping costs are usually more expensive than the items themselves. Then again, for the mass release figures, like Marvel Legends, they're so easy to find, and go on sale a few months after, so I learned to wait for them. Unfortunately, minimates are very rare here, since not many people collect them.

• 3 weeks later...

So, my local comic shop called me 2 weeks ago and told me they could order a case for me, so I told them, "Hell, yes!!!" And Donster was nice enough to get the FYE boxsets for me. Can't wait to get those 20 Cylons! Woo hoo! Here's a pic of my pilots:

bsgxd6.jpg

And something I threw together on a whim:

apollopm4.jpg