UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

I just noticed the weirdest danged thing about my Power Man...

Gillbob316

Okay, so just through random fiddling with my minimates, I noticed something about my Power Man mate that I had never caught before. (Power Man, not Luke Cage, just as a clarification. From the set with Iron Fist.)

Upon inspecting his legs VERY closely, it almost seems as if his right leg is painted blue, and his left molded in blue plastic.

His right leg has a flat, paintlike texture too it. Like The Thing from the Fantastic Four con boxed set, or the heads of most of the series 10 figures, like Spider-Woman, Black Cat, & Silver Sable.

His left leg, however, is plain blue molded plastic, like many mates. Only his yellow boot seems painted on (And is a slightly different yellow than his right, which I also just now noticed.)

When I hold them up to the light, and watch how it reflects off them, it's even more apparent. The left has that plastic sheen, the right doesn't.

So... it just seems weird to me... that one leg would be manufactured one way, and the other a different way... and I figured I'd post about it...

I looked at the review pics on Minimate Central, and they almost look like they might be the same way (maybe). Check your Power Man's, does anyone else have this going on with theirs?

I've got three of them, and both legs are molded plastic on all. It seems really strange that they would assemble a figure with one painted and one molded leg, but we've seen lots of strange crap with our beloved minimates so I can't say it surprises me.

The other thing to consider is whether or not you're sure the leg is painted. I realize that it looks different, but I have seen cases where the plastics and paints used don't match up just right. See any of the Walmart twopacks for samples. Spidey looked horrific. To see whether or not it's painted, pop the leg off the hip and look in the leg hole. If it's all blue, it's not a painted leg.

Finally got around to checking mine and both molded plastic...

but my Power-Man has a bizarre crotch.

What? Stop looking at me like that!

Okay, joking out of the way, the Power-Man Minimate I have has a small raised retangular portion on the front of it's crotch block. from the bottom of the horizontal portion of the "T", basically down to where the hip ball joints start. Doesn't look like a molding sprune (as my wife suggested).

Aw, it's nothing to get worked up over. He's just happy to see you is all.

I've actually got several minimates with the same style crotch. I first noticed it on some of the C3 Minimates. Both my Superman and Batcave Joker have this style crotch. I imagine it was just an abnormality in one of the molds used.

Damn, you know you really have no life when you spend a Saturday evening talking about the crotches of your toys. Yes, I am a complete and total loser. :P