UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Slim chance!

allsey

Hasbro wouldn't allow it. They don't give other companies the license to make plastic figures that might compete with their main lines. Palz tried it and were refused and now Basic Fun has to make any such figures into keychains instead (ie the Mini-car "reissues") or into non-figure toys (ie the movie transforming carabiners and other products).

So no Transformers Minimates. You can still find MyClones on some online stores and Hasbro will be making Robot Heroes, a line of chibi Transformers similar to their Star Wars Galactic Heroes and Marvel Superhero Squad lines, though.

How would Transformers work anyway? Would they transform? Or simply be there robot version of the characters?

See, that's the thing I've never gotten about this craving for Transformer minis. For one, if they were going to make them, I'd want them to scale with my other minimates, meaning that they'd have to be 3" at least. Second, why make Transformers that won't transform?

Decoys, Actionmasters, PVCs, MyClone, Titanium... They've made quite a few non-transforming figures over the years. The main attraction is that you can get a sculpt that's closer to the show model than any transforming toys can get.

Of course, that doesn't apply to MyClone or the upcoming Robot Heroes, nor would it apply to Minimates. Their appeal is that they're small and have that SD look to them. Basically the same reasoning as buying a Minimate Spider-Man instead of a Marvel Legend one.