UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

A Plea To Openers Re: 2003 Blanks

This little fellas are rare.

VERY rare.

Sealed 2003 Blanks even more so.

As such if anyone out there has a 2003 blank that is sealed and they wish to open it, may i suggest they trade it for an open one with someone that has one.

That way we can keep some of thise little beauties in circulation for the future

That's a great set up Ivan, where is that bus stop from? And I was outbid on that lot by one dollar! I hate when that happens! Although I never thought the price would go that high...

How about a shot of the poster inside the bus stop. It looks pretty cool.

So we are supposed to by Kubricks and melt them down and reform them into a busstop?

Or maybe he ment this one:

Kaws Kubrick Bus Stop set

Lol yep I meant that one..... DOH!

Multitasking and talking to someone online at the same time,cut & paste blah blah blah, didn't check the link, blah blah blah, TBT's a moron :P

Thanks for sorting that out..... :)

T.

I have a couple open and a complete set of sealed blanks. I am looking for loose ones for my display. Any other than red. Seems I have a few reds.

Yeah, I picked up one of those KAWS sets a while back. I didn't think it was worth the original retail price, but eventually found a nice cheap eBay auction.

Here's the inside poster:

bb3.jpg

(not too over-the-top, is it?) :)

Here's a 'clean' version of the poster:

bb2.jpg

The kneeling pose doesn't reference anything too specific, but the poster itself is based loosely on the whole Obey/Andre the Giant has a posse phenomenon. I wanted to put the stylized Andre face on the chest but didn't for some reason I can't remember. I might try it again soon.

Here's a few more images from the bus stop series:

red.jpg

blue.jpg

green.jpg

I'm probably going to make an enlargement of the green one to hang in my toy room. :)

(sorry 'bout the threadjack Ady :))

Cool, thanks Ivan! And those are amazing pictures! You've really managed to give those blanks life. And if anyone's worried about copyright infringement on the T-shirts maybe Ivan would let us use his "Obey" image - now that sucker is eye-catching! I'd love to hang that right above my monitor.

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I appreciate it.

As for the collection pics, it's one of those "Yeah, I should do that," kind of things. So I start straightening up, but then I notice the dust on the black shelves. (Why did I buy black? :blink: It's not like dust is a new phenomenon.) Okay, I'll clean up the dust, that shouldn't take too long. While I'm at it, I might as well sort this bin of loose Lego that's been sitting here for a week. Of course, then it's Lego, Lego, Lego, and the rest of the day is shot. :D

Mr. Miyagi tells me I lack focus. I think he's right.

In my best John Belushi voice..."How much for de bag?"

blanks3.jpg

blanks1.jpg

blanks2.jpg

I have had these forever. I can't believe how rare they have become. These things were everywhere for a while. The Trek guys in the old AACC were giving theirs to the mini-mate guys like me. I traded or gave away most of my spares. Not sure if I will sell these or not.