UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toy Fair Pics!!

minijeff

Yeah, it does look like the JJJ mask is seeing rerelease as Sandman's face. An odd choice, if you ask me, but then again, the whole design on the new Sandman feels a little off. He never seemed all that bulky in the comics, so why the larger chest?

As for Zombie Wolverine, it looks like he's using a new mask designed more like the DC masks in that the whole face is covered (Cap too, for that matter) Add Wolvie's mask to his new chest piece and it makes him look a little bloated. Must be him post Magneto/Silver Surfer meal.

they gone overexited with the bulk maybe.....cause of beast making the bulk reappear and now theyre using it more

as for the masks

i dont really like them cause now u cant mix other masks with the zombies :(

Well, there's always the off chance that it gets changed before release, but I have my doubts. I think they went with the full face masks due to the massive damage to the zombie faces. Cap's (or rather Colonel's) eye is hanging out and they couldn't really achieve that with the mask and face if they used the old mask style. I just hope they aren't leaning towards the full face masks for all future waves.

As for the bulk chests, I'm all for it when it makes sense for the figure. Characters like Beast, Thing, Venom, etc are supposed to be bulkier than your regular characters. They're stuck in the 2" scale for now, so we can't see larger scale characters, so at least they can make them look a bit bigger. It just looks odd for them to bulk up Sandman and Wolverine and have Hulk standing there in his puny size.

So both the Zombies and the Spider-Man sets are going to be boxed sets?

Does this mean that we still have yet to see/hear what Series 17 is?

Don't get me wrong, it's some neat lookin' stuff. The detail is incredible and alot of work has been put into them.

But besides Hydro Man, it's still just the "one more version of" game.

I imagine these things are under heavy watch and you aren't allowed to buy. They only seem to have one of each at the moment.

Consider them the previews for a movie you want to see. They show enough to make you want it more, then make you wait a couple more weeks/months before releasing it to you.

Those Marvel Zombies are about the coolest thing I have seen in a long while. Awesome show DST!

sooo the packs are just layin there r u allowed to buy them, even the DC minis r just layin in the pack?

These are not for immediate sale and some look to be protos.

I imagine these things are under heavy watch and you aren't allowed to buy. They only seem to have one of each at the moment.

Consider them the previews for a movie you want to see. They show enough to make you want it more, then make you wait a couple more weeks/months before releasing it to you.

but i want em!!!!

I dont own it yet, but that new Black Spider-Man is already my favorite minimate of all time. This is coming from someone who dropped 40 bucks for the original Black Spider-Man. I was so dissipointed when the X3 and Ghost Rider waves were announced, but over the last few weeks, with Avengers, Spider-Man, Zombies, this has proven that Marvel Minimates are the best freaking toy line ever.

So, now that an amazing(no pun intended) Spider-Man box set has been annoucened, Ill go ahaded and assume the Marvel Zombies mates are going to be the next proper wave, which means that there is still a mate and a variant left. Heres hoping for Battle damaged(aka half eaten) Black Panther and Zombie Bruce Banner.

not done looking at the pics but I just had to say this.

I can do WITHOUT the Marvel Zombies.

I might have thought on getting them just for cannon folder but not with my daughter (age 5) in the house. She loves Minimates and I will not expose a "toy" of that caliber to her.

This is not a bash against them or AA, just my opinion on them.

What I have seen so far of everything else looks great though.

There are definately some really nice figures coming out soon. Boy am I lucky I joined in the collecting in January. That gave me a little over two months to try and get some of the past MM. I have spent some $200 in the past month really building my collection. These new sets are going to be a really fun additon. I like the Zombies, some of the X-Men, and the next wave of Marvel after those.

I want that cool tower they had set-up there with some of the older mates hanging around. Guess it is time to go to the mall and see what the LEGO store can provide.

Love the new mates. The spider-man set is really cool. Nice job of picking up on McFarlane's work. I like the new black costume spidey, nice take on battle damaged. I don't care too much for Venom's face, McFarlane didn't draw him exactly like that. It just looks kinda goofy right now. The only other critique I have is the abs on the torso are grey, and it just looks like there's too much action going on. For all the new minimates I think I can do without the abs, they are just too thick and take away from the rest of the detail.

That said, I am one happy freaking spidey fan!!!!!!!!!!!! McFarlane was my fav artist.

It seems to me that we will be getting all this by the end of summer.

I am definatly getting Spidey box set and wave 16!(not so much zombies)

Is the black spidey like, peter in the process of the symbiote taking over him?

P.S I got a snow day today!

It seems to me that we will be getting all this by the end of summer.

I am definatly getting Spidey box set and wave 16!(not so much zombies)

Is the black spidey like, peter in the process of the symbiote taking over him?

P.S I got a snow day today!

I got a snow day too! I don't plan on picking this up, but I love that Spidey!