UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Emerald City Comicon

The_Donster

Any news on the Minimate front? How was the convention?

There was nary a 'mate to be found - just 1 or 2 booths that had anything.

I got to meet Cappy, which was cool. I fogot to ask him to do the happy Cappy dance - maybe next year.

I high-fived Vader, and had Poison Ivy seduce my brother.

It was a good year ;)

ECCC felt really small compared to years past. I don't know if it's just PAX cutting into things, but we went all over and did a lot, and even backtracked a bunch, and were out early. Silly Gooser and Co were missed.

Yeah, it was lackluster when it came to Minimates and Sillygooser/Dockingbay97 were definately missed -_- There was one person selling Minimates a few rows in from the swag table on the backside next to concession, but nothing worth while :( Like you guys, I was bummed not to meet up and I would love to blame the wife :lol: But it was all my fault, as I was still feeling a little under the weather and overslept :rolleyes: By the time we got there, it was almost time for my Padawan collector to be dropped off by his Mom & Dad. He had a blast, which was great. I will agree with Kirby that it seemed smaller. Some friends of ours last year said they bumped up the price for attendee's. I'm not sure if that's true, but that could have been why it didn't seem like there was alot of variety.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention how Cappy and I met up...

It was 10:30 and I didn't see Donster and Wife, so I just yelled out "I LOVE MINIMATES" - and Cappy's ears perked up.

I love it when a plan comes together :)

This story actually made me laugh out loud....

Possibly cos of the 'fun' of meeting people at SDCC.. partly cos I'm an old romantic at heart! ( the first person that say I have no heart will get a pimp slap!)

T.

.. partly cos I'm an old romantic at heart!

Hey now! There was no romance involved...

What seems to have been missing, for me, was the number of toy vendors was down. Still lots of comic booths (maybe more even than previously), but the stuff that orbits around comics wasn't well represented.

And the FarScape folks were charging big bucks to pose for pictures (I know lots of guests do that, but the FarScapers weren't last year)

It was good to meet Kirby. Next year I might tag around with his posse a bit, since my scheduled friend for the day was a no-show and I ended up on my own. I wanted to get a picture with Powergirl, but was afraid to approach her without a wingman -- Kirby would have been just the ticket. heh

.. partly cos I'm an old romantic at heart!

Hey now! There was no romance involved...

What seems to have been missing, for me, was the number of toy vendors was down. Still lots of comic booths (maybe more even than previously), but the stuff that orbits around comics wasn't well represented.

And the FarScape folks were charging big bucks to pose for pictures (I know lots of guests do that, but the FarScapers weren't last year)

It was good to meet Kirby. Next year I might tag around with his posse a bit, since my scheduled friend for the day was a no-show and I ended up on my own. I wanted to get a picture with Powergirl, but was afraid to approach her without a wingman -- Kirby would have been just the ticket. heh

Yeah, I missed out on getting Feedback autograph because it was $15 for an 8x10. I got a great candid shot of Mary Marvel and Powergirl together :teehee:

I still need to download the pics and write it all up, but we had a good time.

Cappy, you're totally welcome to join the gang :thumbsup:

• 1 year later...

Soooooo hope it isn't looked upon as reviving a dead thread but didn't see a reason to start a new one. Anyone planning on going to ECCC this year? The dates are May 10th and 11th. I'm new to the PCNW and thinking of dropping by!

I would. They've moved it to the convention center and there are going to be some big names there. Something I'm wondering is how this move is affecting the smaller dealers this year. From what I heard last year, they were asking for money before the con even ended for this year :blink: I'm hoping to be able to attend Saturday, not sure about Sunday unless one of the stars isn't there both days. Going to see if our friends son wants to come again.

• 1 month later...

Getting a late start, but I should be there in the next hour or so. Hope to see some familiar faces while we are there :)