UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Best way to remove paint?

I want a classic Beast. I can accomplish this with just swapping parts except for his lower legs.

The legs that are perfect can be either a Spider-Man, Ultimate Spider-Man, Luke Cage Power Man, or a Giant Size X-Men Cyclops.

But that lower paint on there hampers it.

Any tips for easy paint removal? I tried Nail Polish remover, but it just messes it up.

two methods...and one thought...

1) Get a very sharp knife and very carefully scrape the paint off, if you're carefull you can do it without scratching the minimate at all.

2) "Goof off", Works like a charm. the trick is to put it on a paper towel and then briskly rub the part against the towel on a flat surface. I use this for 'cleaning' whole torso's or limbs. some care needs to be taken you dont over used the goof off and melt the part though.

3) Use spidey 2099's legs ;)

I'd say for what you're trying to do the second method will work better :)

T.

Ben Reily Spidey only has tampos on the sides of the legs. You could easily remove those. Even if you did mess up the legs a bit, it would be on the sides, and not as noticable.

Well, neither my Home Depot, Lowe's, Wal-Mart or K-Mart has it.

So can I ask a favor of somebody? If I send them the Spider-Man legs can you remove the red paint for me? I'll pay shipping both ways (of course).

I got you covered, Send me you're addy by PM, It'll just be easier to send you some legs than all the hassle of them going both ways.

T.