UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

How will you collect Minimates now?

Fujis

I have been collecting every minimate I could get my hands on from the 2 in line. I did have some of the 3 in but sold some time ago. Some minimates I buy because I love them, Spiderman Batman, FF. Some I buy because they look cool even though I have little to know idea as to what they are (Street Fighter, some of the Marvel characters). Then there are the minimates I buy because they are minimates (speed racer). But with so many (YEAH!!) new minimates coming form the first two kinds of minimates, that third kind is going to have to go. Don’t get me wrong I want to buy all the minimates, ever. But let’s be honest Cereal mates, I don’t think they are going to make the cut, and unless Speed Racer really kicks it up I will not be buying them either.

But I am Krazy (that is right I am so crazy I spell it with a capital K) for the DC minimates and Battlestar Galactica. The marvel mates look cool, especially the X3. Rocky I am not sure about. My LCS said he would not be ordering them, so I will leave it up to fate. But over all I am so excited for all the minimates for I may not be buying them but, this is a very good sign that minimates will be around for awhile.

I am in like Flynn for this year! If it says minimates I am buying it...Ive got them all so far (minus the 03 blanks of course) so why stop now....heres my thoughts on the line up:

Marvel: I got me back into collecting toys and is the largest group....plus I read the comics so would be kinda hard not to

DC: very happy to see the mix of characters in the waves planned so far, cant wait to see who else pops up, and again read the comics too

BSG: when these were announced I knew little of the property....still dont know alot but I've started waching the madern stuff and am enjoying it

Rocky: Ive seen all the films (except the newest yet), liked the idea(its minimates hard not to) very glad to see the box set approach, I think it'll pan out better in the long run

Star Trek: another fond welcome back to a property I enjoy, cant wait to see where they go with this line (ie other Trek shows)

I, Robot: I am seriously pumped for this one...I loved the story and thought the movie was a great watch too....the designs look sweet cant wait to see some protos

24: another property I know little about but sounds pretty cool

Speed Racer: I like the ones Ive got, would love more

Street Fighter: so much potential here, I really hope they get it back on track and more out

Kelloggs: another line that I find myself very interested in, I mean I had a hard time not buying thr Kelloggs go-kart racers this weekend, I am just a big geek that way

no that is alotof mates for the year...Ive already sold off a bunch of stuff (toys and comics) and will continue to do so....my main collections are comics and toys...Ive thinned out the comic list and stopped all other toys so I can focus on mates....which fits into my new animation hobby just perfect :)

Jeff of the Minis

Boy, this year is shaping up to be full of 'mates. I'll be buying cases of modern BSG and Star Trek - I must have all figures from those lines. I'll trade away the duplicates from my cases to fill out the rest of my collections. I'll be collecting Marvel regularly, not too concerned on variants there, and I'll get Batman and Superman-themed pairs from the DC line, but that's about it for DC. I'll round out my collection of civilians with most or all of the Rocky & 24 'mates. I'm especially excited about supporting 24, because I think supporting TV licenses helps open the door to LOST minimates. I have almost no interest in Street Fighter or Speed Racer, and I may get Kellogg's, if they appeal to me. As for I, Robot, honestly I think AA has so much on their plate for now that these will be delayed for quite awhile. Anyway, I'll get those only if the designs are kool.

I just wrote way too much.

Well, I wouldn't be getting so many MiniMates if they didn't have such great licenses.

Marvel and DC are naturals, so I'll be getting those. Love modern BSG, so I'm hitting those as well. I grew up on TNG, and have been a lifelong Trek fan, so those are a natural. 24 is one of my favorite shows on TV (along with BSG), and they'll make awesome 'Mates. Rocky has been a guilty pleasure of mine since I saw number 4, and considering their more limited release, I'll snap up those.

I'm surprised that I'm not so much interested in Street Fighter, but I haven't gotten those. Also not interested in Kellogg or Speed Racer. I can't imagine the I, Robot ones coming out, but if they did, I'm not interested there, either.

Personally, I just hope that AA is able to keep up with all these lines. Hopefully they will, and this will be a banner year for MiniMates.

I'm a completionist when it comes to what I like. For instance I have ever Marvel Mate (including Variants) and every C3/DC Mate and every LOTR Mate. However, I only have 2 3inch Mates (Mr. T and Cap. Kirk).

As far as 2007, I'm really excited about almost all the products. I will get every 24, DC, and Marvel minimate that AA/DD/DST will ever make. I have never followed BG, but I'm getting both seasons for my B-Day and will probably get hooked so I'll pick up the BG Mates. In the case of Rocky I will probably pick up the box set because I like the old movie and I love minimates. If they started a series of waves though, I'd probably pass. The same goes for IRobot. I liked the movie, but I'd only buy 1 or 2 box sets and then I'm done. The only line that I have no interest in is the Kellogs line.

However, all of that said, me collecting minimates is all about where/how I find them. If I had to search them out online and order them with a credit card and pay shipping then I'm only going to get those that I really want: Marvel, DC, 24. BUT, I love Minimates, so if I'm walking through Target, Walmart, or TRU and see a Rocky Box Set or IRobot 2-pack I will pick it up without question. Heck, I would even pick up a Kellogs 2-pack if I found it in a mass market store. So, if you're listening AA, I'll buy your crap products if you bring them to me. If not, you can count on seeing my hard earned money for only a few series. neo

Being new to the Minimate collecting, I have a lot of catching up to do with the Marvel line. Luckily it seems I got on board right in time for the DC mates. I really enjoy BSG, so I will definitely have to pick those up... even with the strange collection for the first wave. I am just glad I found this site hours after picking up my first Minimate box. It makes it so much easier to see what is going on, and what is coming up when there are other people to talk to about it.

I think I'll start collecting BSG 'Mates when Wave 2 or 3 (hopefully) comes out. Just so that I get them all at once and then not have to wait for several months with Minimates that I don't want to use until other ones come along.

Glomit

Well........The DC minis will be getting my full attention. The Rocky mates will get overlooked for the moment. Maybe if I find them on eBay real cheap, then I'll get them. BSG wont be getting my attention since I never really liked the series or TV show. Now the 24 mates did peak my interest, but of course only if they look good and have some cool looking characters. As for Marvel, the X3 line is a maybe as well as the Ghost Rider line. MAybe if I find them cheap enough and if they have some good accessories to them that I can use. As for the Avengers series...... that as well will get my full attention. To put it lightly, I wont be eating lunch anytime soon when these bad boys come out. Oh and no cereal mates.