UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Santa Cylon!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I hate to dig up an old topic, but it made more sense to post here than start a new thread. I just got both versions of the Cylon Elf in the mail today (many thanks to the kind person who sent them this way) and I'm wondering if I should keep them in the baggie or let them out so they can breathe (do Cylons even breathe? :unsure: ) Obviously this is more of an opinion question than one with a right and wrong answer, but I'm just torn on deciding.

I was leaning in that direction. They have 0 playability, because it just doesn't make sense to have an elf running around with the rest of the toasters, but at the same time they're just too cool to leave restricted to a bag. I have no intention of ever selling them, but who's to say a couple years down the road I may find someone willing to give me more than I'd ever think to get for one.

Arg! Why couldn't they package these in zip locks?!

If it were me and I had two, I would leave one in package and display the other one during Christmas. I'm convinced that this year I will get two things, a gas bbq grill(Just need to clean up my back deck :P) and a Christmas tree :D That way the wife can break out here Santa's Workshop and various other decorations. Honestly I don't see these being like the gold or silver Spidey's eventually. As DB97 pointed out, these will be readily available, so I wouldn't worry about opening one up. But that's just my 2 cents ;)

I had the same feeling when I got him, I thought "Hey I'm not selling him why keep him in a package" but I still didn't open him. It drove me nuts to make the decision (frankly because "he" was my first modern cylon) of ether keeping in bag/taking him out. :) So I took him out (and kept the bag to put him back in at times) and I have had fun with him ever since. Now all I need is that army of cylons from my LCBS. :tongue:

...:::Halo11701:::...

The way I see it (but keep in mind, I'm a confirmed Opener ;) ) is that a rarity like that is going to have resale value even if he's opened. That's if you're collecting for resale. If you're collecting for play, well, the answer's obvious.