UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Guardians (Russian Superhero Movie)

MiniFiend UK

Just heard about this and to be honest it looks quite fun.

Just going to copy paste the plot outline from screen rant

Guardians revolves around a team of four Soviet Union-era superheroes who were created during the Cold War and represent different nationalities and core traditions of the USSR. The film is a bit of a black sheep when it comes to aping the thematic tradition established by the likes of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and DC Extended Universe, in the States. For better or for worse, Andreasyan’s film is a marvel in its own right, and the production’s first official domestic trailer (see above) is now online.

In the footage featured above, distributor turbofilms promises plenty of hyperbolic action sequences to match the likes of Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice and the DCEU, in addition to certain intimated sequences of governmental diplomacy reminiscent of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the MCU. Despite suffering from some potentially distracting English language voice-over dubbing, Guardians looks to fill the gap when it comes to producing superhero movies created outside of an American national identity.

Now the only russian films that jump into my head that I remember and enjoyed are the Nightwatch ones. But I'm more then happy to give this a try.

guardians-2017-movie-poster.jpg