UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Custom Fodder Properties: A Chart

Alpheon

Hello. My big ol' customs project is currently in MAJOR pre-production right now, and I started with this chart. My friend Richard is currently sketching up Front and Back Diagrams of what each of the characters look like. I'll then add "Possible Match-Ups" to the chart, and start on Control Art, buy the supplies, buy the Minimates, then I'll get to the REAL work. :lol:

What do you think of the chart? The base colors are important, because I've heard that the Knee and Elbow Joints are hard to paint in; hence, you want a good matching color. These Minimates that I've listed are all the ones that are currently on the non-internet market. The ones that I can acquire. I'd like some feedback. :)

Availiable_Minimates_Custom_Fodder_Properties.doc

Holy crap are you really orginizing this. i usually just go with the flow. One thing I do suggest is using primer on all the figures you paint. It makes an amazing difference. My newest creation Nightcrawler shows the diiference pretty clearly compared to my old customs. Use primer!!!!

Holy crap are you really orginizing this. i usually just go with the flow. One thing I do suggest is using primer on all the figures you paint. It makes an amazing difference. My newest creation Nightcrawler shows the diiference pretty clearly compared to my old customs. Use primer!!!!
i deffinatly make a nod toward priming anything and everything(except for clear characters) it makes your painting POP just that much more.
Thanks; I was definitely planning on doing that already. As for being organized :P I'm usually like this. But I'm being especially organized now, mainly because of the size of the project and the extreme limitation of time and money. :(:)

Not a bad idea doing that. Even with using primer, its not a bad idea trying to match the color of the part with the color you're trying to put on it.

In regards to primer, which primer is the best to use? I had some Testors spray on primer, but all it managed to do was make the figure sticky and the joints not move smoothly.

I used Krylon Fusion. They make a Satin Grey that works really nicely for lighter colors, and a Satin Black that is good for anything else. Make sure it's the Fusion brand, though. It's made for plastics, whereas the other stuff isn't. Enamel will not cure on the softer plastic (Upper arms, legs, heads, hands...)