UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Sticky T2 Minimates?

So, I took out my T2 Minimates today to take a few pictures, and I noticed that my Battle Damaged T-1000 was a bit tacky, as if there were some sort of residue on him. Upon closer inspection, just about every figure seems to be affected. Some of them were fine after some light cleaning (warm soapy water, a little rubbing alcohol, etc.), but a few are still pretty bad. All of the T-800's jackets are really bad, and my assault T-800's legs look like the plastic is breaking down.

Has anyone else had any issues like this?

If that's the sole cause, I guess I'll be going through my collection with a hole-punch to let them breath a bit. On the plus side, it seems that allowing the figures sit disassembled and soaking overnight has pretty much brought them back to their normal state.

Finally remembered to check my Terminator 'mates for tackiness. Nada. They're fine.

I remember reading an article about this years ago and it's either the plastic or the paint. Letting them breathe certainly seems to help mine. Star Wars figures I had bagged and in storage for a year or so came out tacky.

Breathable bags for storing these things could make someone a millionaire. Maybe even a thousandaire!