UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Check out What I Found!!!

Halo11701

My mom and I were Driving Home when we Saw a Toy Collectibles Store (We Hated the other one) so when we got Home, we took my brother and our friend and we went there. It was AWESOME! they're was Toys Everywhere! In the front he had this Comic stand: 5 Comic Books for 1.00!!!(But they were old and not Marvel) so we had 2 Hours of Fun and heres what we bought: 2 Army Packs for our 12" Figs and heres the surprise! The Comic Con EXCLUSIVE The Batman Stealth Edition Batwing! I Had a VERY Fun time! I'm going to Build it right now! ...:::Halo11701:::...

Thats pretty cool how much it set you back?

You mean the Price? Ok well the Price was $40.00, Is that a good Price?

That's the price you would have paid at the convetions when they were first released. They weren't extremely popular, so prices did drop. You can still find them as low as $15. I think when Tower clearanced their remaining stock they were under $5 each.

I hope that doesn't hinder your enjoyment of a fun toy.

Cool!

It's a nice model, better than the lego batwing if ya ask me :)

T.

Hey!! This is a family friendly board. Watch your language!! ;)

You can put your hand on your heart and tell me that the Lego Batwing is a better looking model?

I'll admit I think what lego did with the cave is better but the Wing and Batmobile are much better as C3 :)

T.

Even if I didn't think LEGO's model was better, I would have had to play the LEGO fanboy card and call you out anyway. You realize that, right? ;)

But honestly, I do think the LEGO model is better. The C3 Batwing is definitely no slouch, and is the standout of all other C3 pieces in my opinion. I just think LEGO made theirs slightly better.

The LEGO model is a bit larger, sleeker, and the attack formation feature on the wings (perhaps Batman was a Star Wars fan?) is the icing on the cake for me. Yes, I even enjoy flying it around the living room on occasion, blowing the hell out of any and all evildoers along the way. :D

I gotta jump in and agree with MV here Timbo. The LEGO set has so much more going for it, that it really isn't even fair to compare the two IMO.

C3 was a nice set - perhaps the best C3 set made. All the pieces seemed to stay together nicely and it was a pretty accurate representation of the Batwing. However, it was a relatively simple build and the landing 'feet' don't stay up very well on either of my sets (standard and con exclusive).

The LEGO set on the other hand has almost too much going for it. Not only is it the Batwing (lots of pieces - pretty fun build) but it also comes with the Joker 'copter and a launch pad/landing pad for the Batwing - something similar to what I'd created for my C3 Batwing as a matter of fact.

Just out of curiousity, do you have the LEGO sets, or are you going by the box pics and online reviews? Reason I ask is, when I initially saw the LEGO 'wing last December (I still want the blue & grey Batman they had in the friggin cockpit....) I thought the C3 set was superior also. Then I got the set and completed it and my opinion changed.

I have to side with Timbo. I like the C3 set better, as it carries the more traditional look of the Batwing. I think what it and the other C3 sets had going for them is that the parts were made with each set in mind. LEGO tends to sacrifice some of the detail for part reuse (sound familiar?).

Don't get me wrong. The LEGO set is great, since it offers a higher degree of difficulty in construction and allows more use of imagination when designing your own models, but the C3 one just looks better.

As for the Batcave, a cardboard box with "BATCAVE" written on it with a sharpie would be better than the C3 one.