UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Christmas cheer for kids in need

Nessex

So, in an effort to finish the year with a good deed each year, I like to buy a small gift or two for charity at Christmas time.
There are dozens of places looking for donations of toys & gifts. K-Mart & Target usually both have 'Wishing Trees' under which you can place presents for less well off kids. I usually like to buy and donate books (i'm a book-seller by trade and love passing great books on to young people in the hopes of getting them hooked on reading).

This year I had a little brain-storm. My LCS has been getting in minimates recently (which is awesome), but have slightly over-ordered on a couple of waves. I figure a good way to help them clear out some of the excess figures, while not doubling up on all the figures in my collection would be to buy up some of the lingering sets and gift them to needy kids this Christmas.

I've heard a lot of people on here note that they're local TRU is holding older waves & not getting in newer waves. A lot of places will still be taking donations right up until COB on Christmas eve. This might be a good way to help clear out some of that old stock from your local TRU's or specialty stores, build up a little toy karma for yourself & make some kid's Christmas just a little bit merrier.

photo.jpg

Christmas Joy in a silver bow! (IM3 War Machine/Maya Hasnen 2-pack & Iron Patriot/Extremis Soldier 2-pack)

Edited by Nessex

I am taking a break out of my family Christmas celebrations to play Santa to a supper held for the less fortunate/people that have no one to celebrate the day with. I dropped a couple cases of Minimates into the bin of stuff I will be handing out!

Jeff of the Miniacs

oh wow! Cases! Plural. That is a phenomenal show of generosity from the both of you. I am going to have to step up my game next year :)

Glad to see that minimates are helping to solve the worlds problems.

Hope you guys get a truck-load of toy karma come back your way real soon. santa.gif