UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Darktide Packaging

Alpheon

Wow. Well, I think we got what most of us wanted which was a big chested Juggernaut. A bit late, though... Was Darktide doing so well to justify a "new printing"? I honestly didn't think so. I wonder if this is a Target exclusive. Anyway, I can't believe Juggernaut got a big chested makeover before the Hulk.

Wow. Well, I think we got what most of us wanted which was a big chested Juggernaut. A bit late, though... Was Darktide doing so well to justify a "new printing"? I honestly didn't think so. I wonder if this is a Target exclusive. Anyway, I can't believe Juggernaut got a big chested makeover before the Hulk.

You misunderstood somewhere. That's but a custom, the Juggernaut inside is the same as before.

So then its the same as the other ones. No new figure. Has anyone bought this to make sure. Cus I saw them here in my neck of the woods.

I was thinking about this size business when cruising ebay and came across this

17667733_o.jpg17666624_o.jpg17666625_o.jpg

With Kubricks being that little bit bigger than Minimates, I'm thinking this Juggs might be in relative scale. I'll probably switch the legs for Minimates, and maybe the arms. Dunno if a headswitch will work...

But I reckon the torso looks like a decent fit.

All the figures are the same as the original box, just with shittier paint aps.

Kind of a stupid question, but is this DT package even made by AA? Cuz I know that if you go into most dollar stores, you usually find much smaller LEGO sets that are actually not made by the LEGO Company. Unlike Megabloks, these sets look almost exactly like Lego pieces, just less durable (and they are probably the only "LEGO" sets you will find for a dollar). Instead of actually copying LEGO's themes, these sets have cowboy, wizard, and medieval themes. Don't know how they got away with it <_< .

Glomit

Yes, the Darktide product is an official Art Asylum/DST release. You'll rarely find bootlegs at Target and Toys R Us.

There are multiple "Lego-compatible" building brick brands out there, MegaBloks, BestLock, C3, Built-To-Rule, etc. They all exist (or did exist) because The Lego Group's patent on the brick design has expired. So unless these Dollar Store blocks actually had the trademarked name "Lego" on them, they're perfectly legal.

If they do have the Lego name on them, record the set number and look it up on Peeron. It may be an actual set that was clearanced out by a retailer or distributor. Lego has made Western and Castle/Medieval themes in the past.

Well, they did say LEGO on them, but they had SYSTEM written right next to them. Don't minid me, I'm just being technical ;) . BTW,we don't have Targets in Canada, oh, there I go again :P .

Glomit

• 5 weeks later...
Again, the Juggernaut in the new Darktide box does NOT have a big chest. All the figures are the same as the original box, just with shittier paint aps. The pics posted are of custom figures.

I finally picked up a Darktide set tonight and noticed that there were apparently running changes in figures. I found 2 boxes left on a Clearance endcap: one with the original cover and one with the big-chested Juggernaut. I chose the newer one and paid. I opened it before I left the store while I waited on my wife and kid to use the restroom. The DVD was loose in the case and all scratched up, so I immediately exchanged it for the original packaging and opened that one to make sure the DVD was OK. while the figure trays laid side by side, I noticed that the original's Magneto and Wolverine had super-pissed off faces (Wolverine even had bright pink gums showing), while the newer box's had the more mellow faces pictured on both covers. Also, the old version opened from the top, but the new version opened from the side. I know we have some members that collect every variation, so I thought I'd share... :thumbsup:

Very strange, I opened mine and did not see any differance the minimates from the first version and the second were the same, did it look like it was tampered with? maybe someone did a switcheroo and put the orginal figuires in there place