UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

PS7 help

TM2 Dinobot

So I used PS7 for years and years. i like it, I know it. My friend tried to get me to switch to CS6 when I got a new computer. 10 year old Photoshop works good on a 10 year old computer, but maybe not so much on a new one.

Well, anyways, I'm still using PS7, but it doesn't really work. Some of my files won't open and when I open the program entirely, I have no canvas. None. Nothing I do will get one. If I shut my computer entirely off and then open up PS first thing, it might work. About every third try. Anyways, does any one know what the solution is?

pshelp_zpsbd32c55b.jpg

I have never even heard of anyone having this problem. I know when you start photoshop, it doesn't automatically have a canvas open.....always file, new.

But not being able to open anything is odd.

I may suggest an uninstall and re-install of photoshop......sounds like something might have gotten jacked up somewhere.

Did a quick search, and found this, but in relation to a different version. It might still help. Sounds like the canvas may have been dragged offscreen?

"When this happens, hit cancel, then open another 2 Photoshop documents or start new ones so you have tabs. In the tab section at the top, if your mouse is over the blank area where there's no tab, cmd-click and select "Consolidate All To Here". The "hidden" doc will appear as a third tab.

A related issue is when you inadvertently drag your window up under the horizontal toolbars at the top, and then can't grab it again... anyone know a good thread or solution for this?"

Sorry Dino, I don't know enough about the different versions, and have been primarily using GIMP since I found it.