UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hope for more SF2?

AdyCarter

I couldn't see a comment about another wave on that link Ady. Are you referring to Cryptic Chucks cryptic comments on the ask DST thang?

There's this blurb underneath the bullets: "Priced $9.99, there should be further sets out in 2007."

Hopefully that means wave 2!

After having the official announcement so long ago, it is large matter of patience waiting for the new solicits to come in.

I can't figure it out. The SFmates were a top seller (the only AFX minimate exclusive to sell out in a short period of time as one example), had a presence overseas (the blind-box assortment), and were well received by the community here. I just can't understand the hold-up, other than the usual CAPCOM-charged-a-fortune-for-licensing-and-we-still-can't-make-up-the-difference syndrome.

At least I know my comic shop has gone through more of the Street Fighter Minimates than any other wave of minimates ever. ;)

I think the problem stemmed from them not being available on a wide scale. Yeah, they were on several websites, but the casual shopper wouldn't find them that way. If they could have been available in toy stores, comic shops, video game stores, etc, then they would have sold much better than they did.

Hopefully, the 4-packs being available in Toys R Us has addressed that issue.

I can't figure it out. The SFmates were a top seller (the only AFX minimate exclusive to sell out in a short period of time as one example), had a presence overseas (the blind-box assortment), and were well received by the community here. I just can't understand the hold-up, other than the usual CAPCOM-charged-a-fortune-for-licensing-and-we-still-can't-make-up-the-difference syndrome.

I am fairly convinced the Tower Records bankruptcy became the wrinkle for this line. Although Tower Records stores are limited to the coasts, they moved a lot of product for DST. I think the fact that Tower Records went belly up meant DST had one less retailer/buyer for their product. Sounds like they have been working hard to pursue alternative retailers like Target and TRU for Minimates.

The same company owns Target and TRU and they have a business plan to compete with Wal-Mart by offering higher quality products. I think AA/DST's products fit into their business model niche much like Tower Records used to.

Also, online sales increase every year. More people are buying off the web.

If this news means we'll be getting Wave 2 - Excellent. I had all but given up hope of getting them. The wave contains a number of my favourite characters, namely Talbon, Felicia and Ken so I was dissapointed to hear it was cancelled.

If this news means we'll be getting Wave 2 and more waves - Even better, though to be honest I don't know of any other charatcers I want bar Jedah and some of the Street Fighter I, Alpha and (especally) III characters.

Course I'm not going to get my hopes up until I hear it "straight from the horses mouth", but frankly I'd be happy if they'd just release Wave 2 and end it there.

If Wave 2 comes out, I'll be tickled pink. These are the only minis I've bought the entire wave all at once, and love these things a ton.

If it turns out this would be the end, then I'll live. We'll have gotten the majority of core Street Fighters (only missing E Honda and Dhalsim of the original 8), and 5 of the best known Darkstalkers. While I'd die for the chance at a Hsien-Ko minimate, I'm now adjusted to the fact that it's, more likely than not, just not happening.