UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Custom idea.

One thing I enjoy is when new figures are released is spotting a part that would be a perfect base for the start of another figure. Now I have no skill what so ever in making customs I'm just not gifted that way, give me a hammer and a welder and I'm ok but when it come to small and fiddly not a chance.

I usally keep quiet but this time I just cant. with the release of the vindicator and box there are parts in there that just scream out to me for someone to hit with sculpty or what ever that stuff is and make this character.

Ok I waffled on long enough what and who you are prob wondering, well the parts are the vindicator masks and the custom is of one of my fav obscure heroes...Torpedo!

406px-Ohitsme--Torpedo_%28Michael%29.pngtorpedo.gif

I have seen images with both coloured visors and upto this point the only other visor that could have been used was booster gold and his was yellow and a bit of a rare figure.

Now Torpedo is a low lvl marvel character by most ppls standards but he was a big secondary character in the Rom comics if I remember and there is much Rom love here as I remember.

I hope this maybe inspires someone to have a bash and if so I will drool away when finished.

Originally when I saw booster that was the first choice it even had the hair to work off but the yellow visor was the killer as I had no idea if you could tint or colour wash to a closer colour.

Glad torpedo is on someone's radar

edit to apologise for unintentional bad pun

Edited by MiniFiend UK

Isn't the last one Turbo from the New Warriors?

The Mike variant, when they where sharing the suit

Oh, wait i just realized that it's the same suit...But different users in the New Warriors original series