UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Green Lanterns are getting more diverse.

minimadman

The thing that bugs me about his outfit, from a pure continuity standpoint, is that it's different at all from the standard-issue GL suits, for apparently no reason. I understand illustrators want to break out of the box and put their mark on the suit design, but there's always been a story-related reason for the change. Every other Lantern – Hal, John, Guy, even Kyle – started with the regular suit. Guy got the jacket-and-boots number when he was recruited by the Controllers and adapted their uniform. Kyle redesigned his because he was a cartoonist or whatever. But it doesn't seem like there's a reason for this change other than doing something different for its own sake.

The design itself doesn't bother me that much (other than the unnecessary glowing speed lines that make him look... more powerful than the others?) I guess the rationale could end up being

that he got Hal/Sinestro's recombined, "broken" ring, so he's not really an official Green Lantern?

Edited by Lobsterman