UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

AFX shipping

Gummy

Hi everyone!!! This is my first post, but I am no stranger to this forum. Really want to thank ady and the rest of the crew to set up such a great place to share minimate news. I am a HUGE fan of minimates myself and this is one of the websites that I often visit. I gotta say there are some great, friendly people here and I should surely post more often from now on.

I just want to give a heads up to any of you guys who live in Canada and plans to order from AFX. Because I received my series 12&13 minimates today along with another figure that I brought, total cost was only around $59.00, but I was charged $46.00 as brokerage charge. Makes me feel kind of down as this is totally beyond expectations. I live in Canada and I always purchase online, especially through the States. But the only two times that I have been charged brokerage fee are the two times that I purchase from AFX. I don't really understand why this happens with AFX, maybe it is related to the shipping method they use, which is UPS. But anyways, not trying to say bad things about AFX, just simply a warning for all Canadians out there that there might be potential shipping cost you need to pay when you order from AFX. If anyone shared similar experience or if any Canadians that had ordered from AFX and it is not the case that UPS charges brokerage fee everytime, please let me know as well. So I can just blame it on my bad luck.

Thanks for listening.

OUCH! thats sucks Gummy, AFX have a rep for being good on prices but rough on extra charges such as shipping etc.

Sounds to me like 'brokerage' is akin to the customs charges the guys in the UK suffer.

I have to be fairly careful how I label stuff to the UK but it's one of those things that is not that hard to get around if you know how to label stuff.

I'm sure that if you ask nicely that some of our members in the US would be willing to order on your behalf and save you those nasty brokerage fees.

oh and BTW Welcome aboard, it's nice to see so many people with 'lurker' status feeling that they can come out of the woodwork, it's new people that keep this place fresh (either that or it's just me and cloneme making various bad jokes :) ).

T.

Thanks TBT, I hope I can somehow contribute for this community. I think you are right about how they label their shippings plays a big part on the extra shipping/brokerage/custom cost. I don't find any problems with all other retailers I buy from from the States, but only AFX. So I believe you are right TBT. This is definitely the last time I will purchase from them again, stuckakid seems to be a way better choice for people across the boarder. AFX is a very good retailer with good service and prices, just not attractive for internation shoppers I guess.

Anyways, sorry for the rant, don't want to sound too negative. On the bright side, I really enjoyed the new minimates. I am not too sure how they can make something like that happen on Sentry's belt, but at least it is something I can fix with a black pen at home, so that's not that bad. Ronin is actually a very solid minimate in person, so i'm really glad. I gave Ronin 2 LOTR nicolas' sward and she looks even better. :P

I'll try to make a quick custom of her with the "white hand" face.