UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Parts swaps for fix-ups

(Not sure if this is the right place for this question but I'll give it a shot anyways.)

I'm not a fan of painting figures to make fix-ups or customs so I always try to use official Minimates parts that are available. I know most of the parts of Minimates are easy to swap out but what about the knee joints? Has anyone ever tried that? And if so, is there a special way to do it so I don't destroy it. I want to make a fix-up using the upper leg of one figure and the lower leg of another figure but I just want to make sure I'm not going to break a figure before I try it.

I'm not much help here, but I know quite a while (talking Marvel series 2 or so) I never had any trouble taking apart and reassembling the knee joints on Minimates. But more recent tries, like I just did on the Avengers Movie Iron man, at least one peg broke in half.

yes it's definitely risky, I've broken many legs in half and many minimate legs as well. i've found the older mms tend to break so I don't even try it anymore, maybe there's a trick someone knows like soaking in warm water. Possibly the newer Marvel or other mms are stronger, but I can tell ya the older Street Fighter mms will def snap. Which mms are you trying to use?