• Excl. Hobgoblin/SpiderMan
    • Excl. Web Armor SM
    • Excl. Thanos/Silver Surfer
    • Excl. Fantastic Four Set
    • Excl. BD Cap./Punisher
    • Excl. Gaijin Wolvie/Mariko
    • Excl. Thing/S. Skrull
    • Excl. Iron Fist/Power Man

So, I would like to put together some data in the event that DST ever releases another "Best Of" wave based off of fan's choice, they will be able to cross reference what we here think would make the best Best Of wave. Due to the limited number of poll space, the way I will do this is list every Marvel Wave/4 Pack/Exclusive. So, simply vote on a wave(set) based off of your favorite mates within the wave. From there I will take the Top 8 choices and re list the vote for each mate within the top 8 choices. Finally, I will list the mates from within the votes and see what we think deserves to be "re"released.

Please use this link: http://www.minimatedatabase.com/line.php?i=6&n=Marvel+Minimates If you need help finding the mate you wish to vote for.

I will switch to the next voting phase on March 15th.

Also, if I missed anything please feel free to let me know.

Oh, and movie mates were not listed for a reason.

Edited by ImABarRoomHero

I'm not sure I understand, another 'Best Of' like the one that's just come out? Why would it be based on a past wave or boxset?

The best of wave is just 8 of the biggest hitting characters, that happen to be popular (numbers-wise) mates. If there was a second 'Best of', surely it would be sets like

Hulk/Abomination

Symbiote Spidey/Venom

etc.

EDIT- so you want a list of MMMV members' favourite 8 minimates?

Thank you TM2, forgot to take off the Spiderman/X-men ones. Made this late.

@DJ-This is really just for fun, but thought it would be interesting to see what would be a "Best Of" wave based off of the MMMV's popular vote. And you never know, maybe DST will get a wild hair and think they should make a fan's choice wave based off it's most popular forum.

Oh no worries, I'm just trying my best to not sound like an idiot in trying to explain something....having that problem a lot lately. Anyway, based off of what we saw in the last Best Of wave (i.e. minor tweaks and additions) let's base off of that mindset. I mean in the event if any of the earlier pieces were to be re-released, they would definitely be altered due to the new styling of the mates. So let's call this a "What the MMMV wants that technically already exist's Wave". So yeah, vote for the wave that has the mate you would most like to see redone, or make "another appearance" and then we'll go from there.

Oh no worries, I'm just trying my best to not sound like an idiot in trying to explain something....having that problem a lot lately. Anyway, based off of what we saw in the last Best Of wave (i.e. minor tweaks and additions) let's base off of that mindset. I mean in the event if any of the earlier pieces were to be re-released, they would definitely be altered due to the new styling of the mates. So let's call this a "What the MMMV wants that technically already exist's Wave". So yeah, vote for the wave that has the mate you would most like to see redone, or make "another appearance" and then we'll go from there.

I hate to say it, but it doesn't sound like a poll that would actually reflect on anything we would actually do. You could do a poll for "most needed re-dos," and that might mean something, but I doubt we would release them all at once. You could do a round 2 of that Most Wanted UnMade Characters poll, narrowing the field, and that might be of interest, at least to me. But right now, you're saying, "These are the best, make them again," which is essentially what everyone on these boards DOESN'T want.

The Best Of wave is basically a Classics wave. It is our attempt at making the best versions of eight of the most popular characters in the line. I doubt we'd ever make a second wave of the NEXT eight most classic characters, but never say never. There are other guys who could have been in this wave, but perhaps not enough to warrant a Wave 2.

Zach just summed up exactly why I was asking, this seems essentially like a poll for the re-do thread.

Hulk is probably the only real obvious guy missing from the best of wave, so a 2nd lot of 8 just doesn't seem possible... perhaps a 'best of' for predominantly villains... Doom, Mags, Ultron, Skull, Venom ( like the big TTA version), a Skrull?

and a new Wasp, or something.

I just accidentally browsed away from this page, right after I had written a well-thought and well-worded response but before I hit post. Damn you, back button! Anyway, if there were to be a Wave 2 of Best-Of, I think it would have to be like wave 1: A and B-Major level characters re-released with minor tweaks. I can see: 90s Cyclops (with yellow visor)/MvC3 Magneto, Flaming-on Johnny Storm (to match TRU wave 8)/Dr. Doom, Hulk/Wasp, and DD/Punisher. But considering Cap, Thor, IM, Wolverine, and Spidey are all in the first assortment, it seems like any second wave would be a bit lackluster in terms of star-power.

Edited by Turtle