UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

stretch toys(screamers,blisters,armstrong)

Kostisfire

Kinda of a bizzare topic but they recently announced a new stretch armstrong movie(yesterday) which is to be released at 2014 i think.Anyway,to get to the point when i was a kid i remember to hear this name but never really searched more about it.I think my dad had one when he was living in australia or something.I searched more about them and saw that they are thought as collectibles and i decided to buy one.So,my question is: are they worth their high prices or are they just a toy?If they are worth of their prices what figure or line would you recomend? Seeing that most of the members here were kids around that time they were released you probably remember those stretchy guys.

I had Stretch and The Green Monster one back when I was a kid.

I had a quick ebay scan and I wouldnt go anywhere near the stuff at the prices listed. I seem to remember they had a tendency to split if played with to much.

If they are doing a movie there will prob be toys released around for that and prob retro stuff like with He-man and Thundercats.

I thought that it would be better to buy one now since when the new movie comes out and the new batch of toys,the old ones will become even more expensive,that's what usually happens.The prices are high but maybe i come across a bargain or something,dunno.

hmm, That sometimes happens when a movie is a success. Stretch and co. I'm sure are high priced items now because of their slightly fragile nature. I do remember when this was a brand new item, it was advertised as nigh almost indestructible. Nothing could have been further from the truth, if allowed to get too cold they would become quite brittle and I seem to recall the instructions calling for band-aids to repair any minor tears in his hide. Toys that were very easily broken from our youth have a tendency to carry high prices in adulthood as "collectibles"

they where good to use as clubs on other kids as the heads where hard!

LMAO, you just sparked a memory of losing my stretch armstrong. Pretty sure I cranked my sister a good one up side the head with that thing and it was confiscated to never be seen again

I seem to remember they had a tendency to split if played with to much.

I barely played with mine and it still split open for no apparent reason, while sitting in a box with a bunch of other toys, some of which were ruined by all the leaking corn starch goo. :down:

Mine was Fetch Armstrong, the dog.