UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

anyone use the ipad 2 smart cover?

Webhead

wondered if anyone here has used one and if they liked it. I'm looking at options between using a smart cover and a hard back case or shield vs a leather case.

I'm usin my wife's right now. The fact the magnetic sensor puts it to sleep is nice and it provides great screen protection, it does not however have any backside aluminum case coverage at all. What she does is she uses the smart cover but carries it in a small iPad sized carrying case, kind of gets best of both worlds.

I have one on mine. After having the rather bulky otter box defender case on my first iPad, I felt like I wanted my iPad 2 to be a bit lighter. I like the auto sleep/wake function, and I keep my iPad in a padded carrying case when not in use so I don't worry about the back of the unit. Technically, I could get by without the smart cover, but I like the added screen protection, and the angle the iPad sits if I fold the cover back for typing.

If you want screen protection without a lot of added bulk/weight, the smart cover is a good choice.

I definitely want as little bulk as possible. Don't really want to go with a screen cover either. So far the only thing I don't like about the smart cover is it keeps getting 3 smudge lines on the screen where the cover folds are. I guess you just gotta keep up with cleaning it off. I ordered a best skins ever back film so I can the back protected while at home. I think I'll take one of the suggestions and get a padded case for when I travel. thanks guys!