UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

AFX Free Minimates Promo

hellpop

Is it weird my first thought when I saw their sales page was “they STILL have Buffy Palz?!”

did they WAY over order those or do people just not want them?

What's even weirder is I bought that set from them like 4 years ago and only paid 2.99 for it. How can they justify bumping the price back up that high?

I also got that set for 2.99 as part of the order I placed to get the Web Armor Spidey. I was equally amazed that they still have Darktide and don't know why you would want that set for $16. I guess someone could, I just remember that I got four or five of those sets for my nephews for Christmas a while back and they were on clearance for $3.00! Today at TRU I saw a Mr. Negative/Fantomex pack on the peg and someone had replaced Fantomex with the Wolverine from the Darkside set and then returned it! That Wolverine is one of my least favorite of all time! I was mad to see that this is now happening at my store but even madder that that was the minimate they chose to put back in the packge, although I guess I can understand the urge to get rid of that minimate for a cool one like Fantomex.

Edited by gambitron

The price of shipping with them is a big turn-off. The only time I've ever ordered from them was the initial Web Armor Spidey debacle. After that, I was through.

And I never bought the Darktide set itself, just a loose Juggernaut and Mags for the alternate heads. That set was not my cup o' tea with the Cyclops and Wolverine costumes. Good comics stories with those costumes, but not much fun as minimates.