UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

wave 43

Mattallica

A Diamond Select Release! Art Asylum Designs & Sculpts! For their record-setting 43rd wave of Marvel Minimates, Diamond Select Toys is going back to one of Spider-Man's greatest storylines! Series 43 revisits the famous "Death of Jean DeWolff" story arc, in which Spidey and Daredevil pursue the murderous Sin-Eater, and end up going toe-to-toe by the end of it all! The two-packs include Spider-Man and Jean DeWolff, Daredevil and Sin-Eater, an exclusive J. Jonah Jameson with SHIELD Agent, and a short-packed variant set with Aunt May and another SHIELD Agent. Each Minimate stands 2 inches tall with 14 points of articulation and a variety of removable and interchangeable parts and accessories. Look for these to see release by February 29, 2012.

post-189-0-98312100-1319492191_thumb.jpg

Is it weird that I'm most looking forward to J Jonah Jameson and Aunt May out of these?

perhaps

that said, those are the 2-packs I'm getting multiples of, for those lovely SHIELD fellows. I might well pick up Jean and Sin (shame they aren't packed together) at a later date, but I think I'm opting for the Kingpin TrU set for now. I realise this is done to get people to buy both sets, but I think I've reached a point where the new character has to be someone special for one to buy a 2-pack for a single figure.

nice wave, for sure... Aunt May though, brilliant, can't wait.

I think it's neat to see that the official solicit on AA's website says: "J. Jonah Jameson (removable jacket)". That gives me a great deal of hope that he'll come with a vest tampo underneath.

I'm also glad that he's being packed with the SHIELD agent, so we can get kind of a double-army builder. A bunch of suits and a bunch of SHIELD agents. Plus, all those extra Daily Bugle newspapers will be really fun to have when it's all said and done. I just wish Aunt May came with a plate of wheatcakes! :)

Also thrilled about the Jean DeWolff, as getting an extra so I can cut the hair off the beret will serve a 2nd purpose. I can finally make my long awaited Percy Pinkerton (of the Howling Commandoes) minimate!

Edited by Mystery Man