UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Playskool Heroes

gambitron

So I was in Target yesterday and went down the aisle with the Playskool stuff, which I don't normally go down, but I am glad I did as I came across the new Playskool Heroes that are now going to replace Galactic Heroes and Super Hero Squad etc. They have new Star Wars sets called Jedi Force and Marvel sets called Super Hero Adventures. I picked up 3 SW sets (Luke/Yoda, Vader/Stormtrooper, and 3PO/R2) and the Marvel set with Iron Man and Dr. Doom. I think they are a slight improvement on the old format since they still have that aspect of mini cuteness to them but they also have articulation for better playability. Their heads, shoulders, wrists, and legs move and Vader and Dr Doom have cloth capes. They didn't have the Snowspeeder or Millenium Falcon set there but I want to pick up those sets. They did have the other mini vehicles with one character and I was tempted to get the landspeeder set but passed simply so I can have money to buy the sets I definitely want. I will post pics when I get some taken.

Anyone else who was into the Galactic Heroes planning on collecting these? Anyone else purchased some of these and have an opinion to share?

Edited by gambitron

I picked up the Spidey/Goblin set for one of my boys, but I'm not interested in them at all. I just find it a little odd that there's been so much focus on that scale and now Hasbro is changing it all. This scale makes sense since it's compatible with Imaginext, but why they're switching seems a little odd.