UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modern Series 1 at FYE

Hello,

I'm new to the board and this is my first post, but I figured this is worth sharing...

I went to my local FYE thinking about getting another Cylon 5-pack, and I saw modern series 1 on the peg below the Cylons. Unfortunately, they were $9.99 each! This is the first time I've seen these in person, since none of the LCSs are carrying these, but OUCH!

They had one Cylon/Kobol Six 2-pack, which I picked up, but $40 for a set seems a bit steep.

Welcome to the forums! The 5-pack is a great deal considering you get one of each Cylon. You got lucky finding the varient pack. Most folks are still hunting.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm one of the folks hunting for that variant, so I will definately take a look around. As far as the pricing, sadly it's close to what my LCBG is charging for the Minimates. The unfortunate thing for FYE is they've given such a great pricepoint to the Cylon 5 packs, it tends to spoil people. But it's nice to know I have alternatives if I need extra figures. Thanks again for the headsup and welcome.

Yeah, I found full pegs of BSG series 1 and DCD series 1 three days ago at Suncoast. I already had all of these, but did manage to pick-up the variant "Kobol Six". It's good to see that Suncoast/FYE are carrying these...even though they're $9.99 a pop. I have a strong feeling that they'll be carrying "movie-related" 'mates as well (like SM3, Back to the Future, etc.) when the time comes. Hopefully, the price-point won't scare consumers and hurt the lines, but really, $9.99 isn't TOO much higher than suggested retail price (if you factor-in shipping) for those with no other option.

Big thanks on the FYE/Suncoast tip, I strolled into a local store today and snagged my missing variant :D Glad to see there's a resurgence of Minimates in the stores again.

I've been waiting for my local shop to get these and X3 in but to no avail. He said he orders all minimates but doesn't know when they'll come in. I'll check again tomorrow and post if I get them.

I have found the variant pack today but didn't get it.

Ah! How much was it?

Is it a long drive from where you are? Any way you could pick it up for a fellow boardmember? :blush: (if I don't get it tomorrow)

No FYE's in Georgia are carrying the BSG two packs as of today yet. Couple stores have the Cylon 5 packs.

LCBS wants 10.79 a 2 pack and 19.99 for the variant! I want to support my locals, but ouch! 53 bucks for BSG????

Never even seen 1 episode!

WW4M

• 3 weeks later...

The great thing about the BSG minimates at FYE is that the UPCs are in the computer system individually. This means if you can get a helpful employee on the phone you can give them the UPC, they can enter it in the system and tell you if they have a certain pack. They may be able to crosscheck other stores as well. This should make finding the variant easier.

The variant is listed as follows:

Cylon & Shelley Godfrey

Hope that helps!

E>

Yeah, the problem is finding a employee that knows how to do this Elm :rolleyes: If anyone is needing the hookup, please give me a shout. I'm more than happy to help and it beats wasting all that gas running around looking for them. My area stores have received replinishment of the Series 1 and the 5 packs, I even saw the variant the other day :D Blue should have his 5 pack in the next day or so.