UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

KOTOR

Knights of the Old Republic (KOTOR) is one of the best RPGs of all time IMO. It is the perfect balance of story, graphics, decision making, mystery, puzzles, action and characterization. (Statement: Only a meat bag would meet a game with such approval. Exasperated statement: But it is your opinion. Aside: Even if it is wrong.)

KOTOR II was a good game, even with entire chunks missing out of it. I still don't know what happened there. It wasn't as good as the first one, but it was still a fun ride.

So, like 99.97% of all the fans out there, when I found out KOTOR3 was an MMO, I was pissed. I don't want to play with other people and I don't want to play a nobody. I want to be the hero or ruin of the Republic, all by myself!

Then, I saw this. Now, I still hate MMOs. But this reminds me of everything that is good about Star Wars. You know, the NOT Lucas parts. XD

http://starwarsilike.blogspot.com/2009/06/...nematic_03.html

First I've heard of it. The only thing I know is that the last SW MMO was badly handled and is basicly counted as one of the worse around. You could have a good chance of playing by yourself if they dont get this one spot on.

I started KOTOR, but got stuck somewhere and lost interest. However, I may try it again soon.

Also, now that The Force Unleashed has dropped down to about $20, so I may give that a try. I hear good things about it.

As for this game, if Lucas can stay out of it and real thought/development are put into it, chances are it will be good.

Oh my. That was certainly gorgeous.

Never played any of the KOTORs; really didn't seem like my thing. Bought The Force Unleashed (for the Wii: big mistake, but still fun), so i migth give this a try if i have any cash left for it. Looks incredible, and i like MMOs, so that's a plus.

Oh, and female armored bounty-hunter?? Epic. Win.

I liked the first KotR, was a cool game, still have the disk somewhere I think!

I've heard good things about the MMO, and people have said that the trialers shown at E3 were better than the whole prequel trilogy :)

I dont do MMO's because I would loose my life to them and I have a bad habit of getting sucked into video games, but this does look kinda cool!

T.

Star Wars The Old Republic is not KOTOR 3. It's not classed as a sequel really I don't think. The first trailer for it was amazing, but I haven't seen any game info really but I'm very interested in it!

True-ish.

Sure, it was still good, but essentially the new company took everything from KOTOR1... Cut, Paste:

Ta Da!

The only good things about it were what was left over from the first game. And the story? Alright, but nothing compared to the first one.

Don't get me wrong, I played and enjoyed both games, but there is no comparison.