UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Video Game Discussion

neolego

Awesome, what are you going to be playing Online TBT? neo

Just played PDZ with Ady, infection mode is fun :D

Also have gears of war, but am working through the single player.... and plan on picking up Rainbow6vegas maybe at the weekend.

Other than that I'll have to look to see what grabs my attention :D

T.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has anyone played the Hitman or F.E.A.R. games? TBT, you are going to really enjoy the Gears of Wars game :D I'm kind of stuck on the Pale Horse level at the moment, as I can't figure out how to kill the baddie there. But I've enjoyed the game so far, I'm going back and playing under my wife's handle until I get a manual for it ;)

Has anyone played the Hitman or F.E.A.R. games? TBT, you are going to really enjoy the Gears of Wars game :D I'm kind of stuck on the Pale Horse level at the moment, as I can't figure out how to kill the baddie there. But I've enjoyed the game so far, I'm going back and playing under my wife's handle until I get a manual for it ;)

I'm just about to start the 4th chapter.... if you're stuck for a while & eventually get your ass online let me know and I'll come co-op and give you a hand ;)

T.

I'm just about to start the 4th chapter.... if you're stuck for a while & eventually get your ass online let me know and I'll come co-op and give you a hand ;)

T.

TBT, I would love to say that I'm ready to go online with any game. But as Neo and most of the others know, I still haven't hooked mine up to the computer to go online yet :rolleyes: The wife and I are still trying to decide on whether to go 1080P or I or just get something a little less expensive in the tv front :unsure: I have decided to get a LCD over the Plasma and I want to connect the computer to that. Once this happens, I hope to be online getting my ass kicked by just about every forum member here :P When that time comes, I'll let everyone know, especially you TBT. Hopefully you'll still be playing some of the same games though, as I seem to be behind on that front too :lol:

picked up crackdown.. been playing the halo3 beta a little bit.. and getting my crackdown skills up.. ill be around most of the long weekend if those of you that are on live are up for either crackdown,GoW, or the halo3 beta

I had this problem once TBT when I had been playing for quite some time. I find if the room is warm(This was in the middle of winter) this has happened. The weather though is getting warmer, so I'm hoping the ac being put in the bedroom will help this problem. It actually hiccuped on me last night though, but I'm thinking my GOW disc got some dust on it. Since my dvd played just fine when I got bored with getting killed by the main baddie. My suggestion is, put in another game and see if you are experiencing the same problem with that game. Since as Ady pointed out to me, the 360 laser is more sensitive. But I know Vash is the expert in this field more than I, as he's been having some issues with his in the past. Which is why I plan on picking up that repair plan he recommended, just in case I run into this again after we get the ac hooked up.

Honestly? If you have a WORKING 360 it shouldn't hang at all.

Those who have been in this conversation from the start of the thread know that I've had 4 360s nreak down on me. The one I'm currently on however has run perfectly since... Summer last year?

Anyways, as Vash said, What exactly is the problem?

Well it just freezes... Screen stays the same etc... I have to switch it off to reset it.

It's not the DVD Don, it was doing it (3-4 times) with the demo of rainbow 6 and has done it maybe twice in total elsewhere.

I wondered if it was a heat issue and laid it flat rather than standing up, and since I did that it hasn't hung ( 6hrs without issues, albeit playing Catan so it's not pushing the system), has anyone else noticed it's noiser and when horizontal and the 'base' seem to where is sucks the air in?

T.

quick questions.. is your power supply brick on a hard surface or carpet?

from the sound of what youre saying its a heat issue... thats the good and bad news... it honestly sounds like what mine was doing right before i got the dreaded red lights of doom...

when it freezes does the screen get a checkboard look of fuzzy white streaks across the tv?

from the sound of what youre saying its a heat issue... thats the good and bad news... it honestly sounds like what mine was doing right before i got the dreaded red lights of doom...

when it freezes does the screen get a checkboard look of fuzzy white streaks across the tv?

Brick is on the same hard surface as the unit.

No streaks just lockup.

T.

btw i finished single player GEARS of WAR yesterday. :D

Congratulations on killing the baddie, you'll have to let me know what you did :D As far as lying it vertical(Sideways) or horizontal((Flat)? I was fortunate enough to have this thread and other folks who recommended lying it flat. I'm hoping once we hook up the a/c the sound will calm down a bit. I remember hooking it up, turning it on and hearing that loud ass sound and ran immediately to this thread to ask if that was normal. Because I was ready to box mine up and go back to Costco. Anyway, I would rely on the guys that have had the issues to give you advice. As far as I know, mine is fine :unsure:

Brick is on the same hard surface as the unit.

No streaks just lockup.

T.

btw i finished single player GEARS of WAR yesterday. :D

Dude! My xbox 360 is over heating to much and doing the same stuff as yours, only it doesn't freeze. And i've also noticed that disks i put in (while it's horizontal) have scratches that go around the disk.

woohoo!!! no join us online so you can see how your single player training did you no good :P

LOL that's probably totally true, I suck at 1st/3rd person shooters online...

I played a bit of GOW deathmatch yesterday morning and totally got it handed to me :|

Don...it's pretty simple...

I did it but throwing greanades to get rid of the flying things then shooting him in the head with the sniper rifle, then when he got close I ran by him and using the Troika machinegun at the other end of the carriage to finish him off

T.

I did it but throwing greanades to get rid of the flying things then shooting him in the head with the sniper rifle, then when he got close I ran by him and using the Troika machinegun at the other end of the carriage to finish him off

T.

Ah, so

you can kill those flying whatever the hells and then go after the biggie? I think I came close once, but I didn't get rid of the flying things

:angry: I'm not sure about grenades, but I still have the bow grenade thing. So I'll try your way and let you know if it all works out. Thanks for the assist

T.

Ah, so

you can kill those flying whatever the hells and then go after the biggie? I think I came close once, but I didn't get rid of the flying things

:angry: I'm not sure about grenades, but I still have the bow grenade thing. So I'll try your way and let you know if it all works out. Thanks for the assist

heres another tactic for ya Don and Tim

try using the torque bow(grenade bow thing) aim for his head this will clear the kryll(bat thingys.. i think thats what they are called) anyways the explosion will clear the bat things away and give the opportunity to use the sniper rifle to hit him right between the eyes and eventually kill him.. dunno.. might be an easier to use tactic for doing it in coop story mode

so yeah.. worked for me

Ah, so

heres another tactic for ya Don and Tim

try using the torque bow(grenade bow thing) aim for his head this will clear the kryll(bat thingys.. i think thats what they are called) anyways the explosion will clear the bat things away and give the opportunity to use the sniper rifle to hit him right between the eyes and eventually kill him.. dunno.. might be an easier to use tactic for doing it in coop story mode

so yeah.. worked for me

Grin, we have gone into spoiler overload :)

D.

Not so much Kill as make them fly away for a bit

:) - anything explosive makes then fly away for a bit.

V.

Yea I think that's the waepon of choice but I didn't have one when I got to that point and there's no easy way to go back without reloading and earlier level to get one.

BTW folks... Since I put my 360 horizontal I've had zero hanging issues... and I've been playing it a lot over the weekend :D

T.

p.s. Gamer tag is predictably THATBLOKETIMBO if anyone see's me online and wants to play sometime :D

Nah......believe this or not I haven't played a Wii game since the first part of April (Super Paper Mario) and I probably will not pick up another game until August (Metroid Prime), it's all about the 360 and the Virtual Console right now. I play Punch Out and Super Mario more than any Wii game I own :). Let me know how Mario Party turns out though Luke, it may be a great party game to keep around (ala Wii Sports, Wii Play, Warrioware, etc). neo