Video Game Discussion

neolego

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ballance, there is no ballance..........the Wii is the greatest. That's like saying Jordan and Scottie were equal. While Scottie was an important player, we all know the money was Jordan :).

Kidding, or course, well not really :P.

Friend Codes would be a good idea. Let's see what I can find.

My Wii Code is:

7136 5100 5571 4330

I also have a number of DS games, my DS Codes are:

Tetris DS: 502451 640981

Metroid: 4553 3411 0433

Mario Kart: 017239 355869

neo

Neo, you'll be glad to know that my Wii was used for a Wii party last week (with a projector screen and all that).

We had some people over 2 weeks before and asked them if they wanted to play some games. They said "no, they weren't gamers." Now, post Wii party they're buying one!

Oh and I have CrackDown now so you better upgrade back to a Gold Account. :thumbsup:

Ha, you know I was just thinking about that yesterday. I am planning on picking up Crackdown next week (gotta wait for funds :) ). And I told my wife, well I guess it's time to go Gold again. Of course, she just looked at me like a dear in the headlights. Then, after a 10 explination she followed up with a heart felt "ok, whatever". Ah, good thing shes pretty :D. I'll let you know when I get the game and we'll have to do a little Co-Op. neo

See you then Neo. :thumbsup:

If I can tear myself away from PSU I might pick up crackdown

Do it. You know you want to. How else you gonna get a chance to play with ME again? C'mon, you know you had fun being eaten by giant worms with me. :tongue:

So, the having played Crackdown for a bit now I figured I would talk a bit about it.

It's probably the most solid well made superhero game ever made.

Unfortunately super hero games aren't that great. :confused: (It might be beaten out by city of heroes mind you).

But this game is pretty good. I nerver noticed how big my character was getting til I played last night with a friend. I Was Freaking huge!!

The only annoyance (and it's small) is that as you evolve you AGE?

Huh?

Anyways, it probably is because of all those tests they did on us. :verymad:

So, as I was saying, I was playing with my friend and he was a lot weaker than I was, so when hitmen came after us and started shooting up our car I said to him "Stay in the car!" then hopped out the take on the baddies.

Instead of fighting, however I grabbed the car he was in, and holding it over my head ran and jumped over their roadblock booking it with a over my shoulder. We escaped and reached our destination (a armory point on the top of a tall building) and I said: "Hold on tight!" and threw the car as hard as I could...

This was when we realized I couldn't quite throw a car to the top of a building. The car hit the building around the 8th floor and came plumetting down onto the bystanders nearby.

Yep. I killed my friend.

You guys wanna play? :woot:

Seriously though.

This is the games greatest point. Simply being able to screw around with friends. :thumbsup:

OK, I Found my DS so now I can share my AC:WW Friend code. Here it is.

Animal Crossing Friend code:

0859-7145-9279

PM me when you want to go on sometime :thumbsup:.

EDIT: I found MPH here's my friend code.

Metroid Prime Hunters Friend Code:

I added you Neo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys, THIS JUST IN:

LEGO Batman

Traveller’s Tales, the group behind LEGO Star Wars 1 and 2, has stated that they are working on a LEGO Batman game due out next year. Not much else is known, but for anyone who has played LEGO Star Wars, this is AWESOME news. neo

Trauma Center is awesome. I have been reading a lot about MySims and I'm really looking foward to that game. It looks pretty fun and much deeper than one would think.

I just love Batman. And, I love LEGO Star Wars. I'm just trying to imagine how AWESOME it will be to play a LEGO version of Batman. Here are some things I hope to see:

-Driving Levels

In LEGO Star Wars you get to drive multiple vehicles, from speeders to space ships. This has to be incorporated into LEGO Batman. From driving a Batcycle to driving the Batmobile and everything in between (Batboat, Batwing, etc).

-Multiple Characters / Skins

One of the HUGE draws for LEGO Star Wars was the fact that you could play as 50 people. From Darth Vader to a GONK Droid. While, I don't think LEGO Batman should be as extensive I do hope to see Robin, Nightwing, Catwoman, Huntress, etc. Also, I'd like to see various skins for each figure, Grey Batman, Blue Batman, Black Batman, Classic Robin, New Uniform Robin, Nightwing with Gold, Current Nightwing, etc.

-LOTS of Unlockables

If LEGO Star Wars showed us anything, it was how to make unlockable content. Mustaches, Brooms for Lightsabers, One Hit kills all add to the humor and fun of the game. Plus you had hidden, unlockable levels and such. With LEGO Batman you could easily use some of the same. Funny add ons, better weapons, new levels. I'd also like to see a trophy type room. Maybe the Batcave if you will and after you finish each level or achieve a task there is something added, whether it be a new vehicle parked in the cave or a new skin added to the suits or even an enemy's weapon of choice (freeze gun, umbrella, etc). That would be cool.

-More Open Ended GamePlay

Don't get me wrong, after playing LEGO Star Wars, there is no other way to play it. You go through a door and you play through a chaper of the Trilogy. However, in LEGO Batman, this doesn't exactly work. The Batman story is made up of multiple movies, various cartoons, and decades of Comic lore. It isn't like you can have a door for each issue of the Comic. There are a couple of ways I think they could pull it off nicely. First, as a fan of sandbox games, they could make a LEGO Sandbox Gotham City where Batman could call his Batmobile by remote anytime he wanted. Each level could start in the Cave where the "Batphone" rings and tells Batman about his next mission. He then hops in his vehicle of choice and races off. However, along the way he could stop by for various side missions. However, Sandbox games are getting to be a dime a dozen. The other way I was thinking was more along the lines of LEGO Star Wars. Where you have a set number of levels per "Act" if you will. Imagine the Batcave as your "HUB" instead of a cantina. Each level, instead of being a door, would be a Comic. The cover of the comic would include the villian of that level. Batman would jump into the comic (ala Mario in Mario 64) and would play through the level like a narrative. I dunno, just a couple of ideas. I just hope to see them take some new direction in LEGO Batman as opposed to just throwing a dark coat of paint of a much used system.......no matter how good it was.

Wow, my fingers are starting to hurt.......:). neo

OK, I have a few updates for the Video game fans.

First up, releasing April 10th on the Xbox 360 Marketplace is additional content to everyone's favorite Marvel game, "Ultimate Alliance". For those who haven't heard, the download will include 8 new characters, 10 new achievments, and bonus content for the full story. The new Characters are Heroes: The Hulk, Cyclops, Nightcrawler and Hawkeye and Villains: Venom, Magneto, Sabretooth, and Doctor Doom. The great thing is, you can buy the whole download for only 800 points ($10). I'm not a huge fan of Micro-Transactions but this is one that I will definitely be getting. You can read all about it and see the first screens here:

Marvel Heroes/Villains Pack

Shanester, you need to check it out, there is a nice shot of Hulk :) !

The second thing is somewhat of a discussion. For those that don't know I own a Wii and a 360. You can ask Nestle which one I prefer........however I'm starting to waver. Don't get me wrong, I'm not starting to waver from just how awesome the Wii's innovated controls are, but I'm starting to waver from a game point of view. What made the DS so popular was the diversity of the games that were released. Wii is not showing enough of that sort of thing. In fact, it is showing the opposite. We are fixing to enter into a HUGE Movie Season. We have Spider-Man 3, Pirates: AWE, Shrek the Third, and Transformers all getting games (not to mention TMNT that was just released). However, the Wii is not showing any originality. In fact, we are getting dumbed down versions of each game. TMNT was the first example. Transformers and Pirates seems to be following suit. In fact, the only one that is even trying something different is Spider-Man 3, and that is really just weak swinging motions. So, anyone in their right mind is going to get the Next-Gen versions of these games. Pirates and Spider-Man 3 on the 360 look awesome. We've only seen one screen of Transformers but it was pretty. Don't get me wrong, if anyone has preached here that it's not about the graphics, it's me. And it's not, graphics have nothing to do with it. HOWEVER, if I'm looking to buy a game that is basically the same on Wii vs 360, I'm going to go with the 360 everytime. Not because of Graphics, but because of Xbox Live and because of Live Marketplace Downloads and yes, because it does look better. What I want is something NEW and Different. For example, if I get a Full 3D Action game on the 360 for Pirates of the Caribbean, give me a Tactical Pirate Ship game for the Wii that could use the PC like interface that the 360 can't do. If I pick up a Spider-Man 3 Sandbox Next-Gen game, then I want something NEW like a First-Person Spiderman game on the Wii that really uses the motion. And again, those are just examples, but I bought a Wii and an 360 because I wanted different experiences. If I wanted to buy 2 versions of the same game I would have bought a 360 and a PS3. If the companies want to know how to do it, they need to look at DS. Instead of getting a clone Ultimate Spider-Man game, we got an awesome 2D Side-Scroller that has had the greatest playable Vemon ever. Instead of getting a clone of TMNT we got a Leap-Frog style of level race game (given, it wasn't very good, but the point still remains). I look forward to games like MySims, where companies are trying something different that doesn't focus of a port but focuses on the best way to use the system your on. So, I said all that to say, my Wii will be loney this Spring, because I'm getting Spider-Man 3, Pirates: AWE, and Transformers all for my 360. Are you enjoying this Nestle, I may just come around ;).

So, what do you guys think? Do you enjoy getting dumbed down versions of the same Next-Gen game? Let's talk this thing out. neo

Bet you were timing how long it would take for me to answer, eh? :tongue:

Seriously though, I love my Wii & 360. That being said I DO see your point. I haven't picked anything new up for the Wii (I mean bought, not rented) other that Trauma Center, Zelda and of course, Sports (Cause it was free).

I think the Wii DOES have a lot to offer, but until companies figure out it's not just a way to make a quick buck it won't show that.

Maybe you don't remember, but the DS suffered from this VERY problem when it came out.

I don't think you need to worry Neo, as long as the Wii follows in the footsteps of his older bro, the DS in a year we'll be seeing aweseom Wii games... But until then, there's always the 360... :thumbsup:

I don't really associate myself with counsols, but I do like FPS (first person shooters) on the computer. Has anyone ever played a game called counter-strike? Its pretty old but they made a new reindition called Counter-Strike Source. I recommend it to you computer gamers out there that like shooters.

Oh yeah, I'm not a FPS fan, but the Counter-Strike games are awesome. I know they released it on the original Xbox. I think they are working on one for the 360.........hang on..................

Ok, I didn't find any info on one for the 360, but I could sware I heard that somewhere. Anyway, I do not play games on my PC but if they bring Counter-Strike to the 360 or even the Wii I would be first in line to get it. neo

It's cause you're not looking in the right spot there Neo. :thumbsup:

What Symbiot neglected to say is that Counterstrike is a sub-game using the Half-Life engine.

Check out the new Half-Life Orange for 360. There are THREE sub games packed in. Including the one I'm excited about: Portal.

Today is Tuesday, April 3rd. I have two words for you. Well, two words and a number:

GUITAR HERO II

That's right, the 360 gets it's exclusive version of GH today complete with all new X-Plorer While Guitar controller. While I've played a demo until of Guitar hero I and II I've never owned a Sony product so I've never been able to purchase the game. That is going to change today, I'm going on my lunch to pick it up and I'll be shredding well into the weekend. So, who else is picking up Guitar Hero II? neo

Heheh guitar hero is fun!!! I have been playing real guitar for a number of years. My brother bought it and I thought I would be great at it from all previous experience, I wasn't. Its completely different from a real guitar, yet easy to use for the newbies. It was really strange, but it does give you great individual finger dexterity and strenght. :rolleyes:

AH, I'm suprised I made it into work today. I played Guitar Hero II most of the night. That has to be the most addicting game on the face of the earth and I LOVE IT. It was a blast. I played for a few hours last night and never even started a career, I just did practice. It's so much stinkin fun. The only thing I hate is that it doesn't support 2 player duets on Live.....I was this close (I I) to getting Gold. Guess I'll have to keep waiting for the right game, until then ROCK ON! neo

My buddy is a huge video game freak & self-confessed Nintendo fanboy. I drop by his place whenever I need a game fix. He's got a PS2 just for playing Guitar Hero, which as you all say, is a frakkin' fantastic game, though I always play on Easy mode! He's hoping to score a Wii soon, and I can't wait to actually play something on it! I've wanted a Wii ever since I saw the reviews online, though I'm a little concerned by you guys saying there's not a lot of recent games that take advantage of the cool controls. I'm really hoping this doesn't turn into a flash-in-the-pan console. I'd say it's high time for Lucasfilm to step up and give us a proper Star Wars lightsaber game.

Please, don't get me wrong. I love my Wii. If you don't believe me ask Nestle, he can vouch for me :). When I made my post above it was more about game support, but like Nestle said, it will come. The DS had a lot of GBA ports the first year and only recently has really started to push the envelope. In a years time we will have a number of top selling Wii Online games (including Smash Bros. and Metroid) as well as various new and innovative IPs. My only point was RIGHT NOW games are getting ported over with forced controls. For instance, the only game released on the Wii this week was Prince of Persia which was basically the same 2 year old game with a few motion based controls. They have also announced that they are releasing Resident Evil 4 on the Wii which will be the same exact game with motion based aiming. For people that have never played those games I can see the draw, but honestly just go buy RE4 for $20 on the Cube and play it on your Wii. Anyway, the Wii will be everything that it was at launch. We've seen Wii Sports and WarioWare and we've learned a new way to play Madden. All and in all the Wii has been great, but we are getting to the point where companies are getting lazy and instead of come up with something completely new and put extra time and effort into the project (First Person Spidey anyone???) they are just porting over Cube/PS2 games with motion controls. At this point, if I'm going to play basically the same game, I would take Next-Gen Graphics and Online Play (Xbox 360) over generic motion controls (Wii) anyday. So, if you have the money you should own both systems. But, if you are wanting what best for your hard earned money right now, go with a 360. Then, you can ask for a Wii for Christmas and actually have a huge selection to choose from. That is all. neo

Did you just say you'd take online play over motion sensing on a port game? Then why aren't you online? :tongue: (JK)

Seriously Bean, I couldn't agree more with Neo. The Wii is incredibly fun and innovative and has the potential to win the console war for this generation. That doesn't mean the 360 doesn't have a lot to offer though.

I do however have to comment on RE4. They added quite a bit to the game when it was released for PS2, and we might get that for the Wii too. You haven't played this game yet: DO IT. Contender for best game of all time.

Is the Spiderman game seriously the original one ported? Wow. That's pathetic.

Well, this is kinda refreshing... Having us agree Neo. I guess it just took you half a year to come around to my point of view. :tongue: :thumbsup: