UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Defender Minimates

maxcarnage

not to be a whiner, but I REALLY would have liked to see a Wand of Watoomb accessory for Strange and a Trident for Namor... then it would have been complete

The wand would have been nice BUT heck talk about being fickle, we're getting a damn fine 4 pack so I'm not complaining...

As for the Trident... buy the DC pack with Aquaman, it's a cool accessory and you're supporting minimates albeit another License.

BTW having seen that Valkyrie minimate...It's the coolest minimate hottie ever!!!

T.

I'm not sure if its been mentioned, but this set is limited to 3000 sets. Get them while you can.

Only 3000 sets?! Couldn't they have pre-sold that many at SDCC already? I hope not...

Well, I only ordered 2900, so its possible. :P

notice how Valkyrie's cape is a reuse of the DC minimate Wave 1 superman :blink:

and it works great... so the problem is? :D

T.

there is no problem , I was just noticing that Marvel and dc are starting to

"share" more pieces and parts.

notice how Valkyrie's cape is a reuse of the DC minimate Wave 1 superman :blink:

and it works great... so the problem is? :D

T.

there is no problem , I was just noticing that Marvel and dc are starting to

"share" more pieces and parts.

Namor's using Wonder Woman/Booster Gold/Steel's gauntlets too.

OK, this is unoffical from the grapevine regarding when the Defenders box set will go up for order...

"A little birdie told me maybe next week. Maybe."

;)

Thanks for the heads up. Holy Freakin' Cow man. The shipping is just about the same as the price of the set. That sucks. Not sure I need them that badly.

Yeah... I've ordered lots of minimates on AFX in the past, and their shipping has always been outrageous... but their prices are reasonably low alot of the time (especially when they have sales) so I figure it balances out...

My advice is just to order alot of crap all at once to get more bang for your buck. Their shipping starts off high, then only goes up a little as you add items, so getting more stuff... distills... the high price... a bit... if you get my logic. I try to order several sets all at once when I get minimates, and I also just ordered a bust I wanted along with my Spider-Man 5 Pack, for another example.

Thanks for the heads up. Holy Freakin' Cow man. The shipping is just about the same as the price of the set. That sucks. Not sure I need them that badly.

Yeah... I've ordered lots of minimates on AFX in the past, and their shipping has always been outrageous... but their prices are reasonably low alot of the time (especially when they have sales) so I figure it balances out...

My advice is just to order alot of crap all at once to get more bang for your buck. Their shipping starts off high, then only goes up a little as you add items, so getting more stuff... distills... the high price... a bit... if you get my logic. I try to order several sets all at once when I get minimates, and I also just ordered a bust I wanted along with my Spider-Man 5 Pack, for another example.

Well, yes and no.

I just ordered the Defenders set, as well as the Battlestar Galactica sets 2 and 3. $70 with shipping. $3.50 per minimate ($15 for the Defenders shipped) Great, huh?

there's a small paragraph at the bottom of the checkout that indicates if you want to wait until the last item arrives (when ordering multiple items) that you run the risk of other items SELLING OUT before the order is complete. So for an ADDITIONAL $5 per shipment, they will ship the items as they arrive.

Yes, that means it's $4 per minimate, and $16 for the Defenders shipped, and $8 per pair of BSG mates, including the chases, but still.

I had to cancel an order at another vendor for my BSG preorders to make this work. It shouldn't be this hard for plastic crack.

Rest assured, I will be on the internet within moments registering my displeasure if this goes south in the coming months.

On the upside - I've got Defenders minimates coming!

I went with AFX for my BSG 2 'Mates as well. Shipping was kind of high, but the price itself was lower than other places. It worked out to be about the same, so I'm not complaining. I'm just happy to be guaranteed the chase.

I also put the Defenders box and BSG 3 on another order. With the Defenders, we don't really have a choice, so I'm not going to worry about it. Even if it does work out to be $25, these 'Mates look so great, and they're characters that I really want, so I don't mind much.