UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Captain America spoiler inside

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the story on CNN.com and though part of me is rather angry that such a thing could happen, another part of me is glad to see comic book heroes do have a lifespan. I mean, how old are some of these heroes? Peter Parker's supposed to be in his, what, twenties or thirties, yet he was a teenager back in the 60s and 70s.

It'll be interesting to see if it sticks.

The whole "fuzzy timeline" thing is just a part of the comic book experience. Spider-Man has been a young guy for decades now, it's just part of his character. You can't think about it too much!

I haven't read a comic book in years, and I never read Captain America, but I gotta say that the manner in which the events described occur, is rather lame.

Well if it's true.. that sucks...

My guess what will happen is...

It's Tony Stark faking cap's death so that Cap can still carry on fighting crime as a masked 'hero' whilst not going back on the 'he needs to be in jail thing. *ponders masked heroes we dont know who they are* Hmmm I wonder who the new Ronin is going to be.

T.

Just read the issue, and I'm thinking that there is more to this than what we've seen in print thus far.

My thoughts, based on what I've read:

Though the media announces Steve as dead, we never see a doctor pronounce him as such. Though I doubt this is an Iron Man plan, I think his death was faked in some manner, but to what purpose has yet to be seen. However, if he really is dead, then at least they had the class enough to kill him in his own book rather than as part of some other event.

Either way, I say he'll be back. Either someone will come forward proving him still alive or they'll find some way to resurrect him as comics always do. He's one of the biggest names in comic book history, and they'll bring him back. Superman came back. Phoenix came back. Bucky came back. Phoenix came back. Captain Marvel came back. Phoenix came back. It won't fail.

I don't know, maybe I'm too pulled into all of it, but--this IS saddening. :( I mean, for whatever reason, by whichever writer, Cap IS dead. He might not be, but for all intents and purposes--Captain America has left the Marvel Universe. I'm gonna miss him. He was a freaking great hero.

I salute you, Steve. :mellow:

*gets shot by sniper*

well i figured out a theory of my own:

i think like most of u think that cap fakes his own death but......

i dont think he would be in the ronin costume cause my guess thats daredevil back from europe(cause daredevil fits real good in the roster)

i think he moves to canada for the new omega flight and will be in the new guardien but stayes unreveald because he is still wanted

Update: I was just flipping through Civil War: The Initiative one-shot and saw something interesting.

Spider-Woman and Ms. Marvel face off with Spider-Woman accusing Tony's side for the death of Captain America:

Spider-Woman: Captain America is dead. Now tell me again what you're doing.

Ms. Marve: He's not.

SW: What?

MM: He's not.

SW: You're lying.

MM: He's tucked away safe on the Raft. No one knows. No one. They're trying to save his life even as we speak.

So hope still lives.

Update: I was just flipping through Civil War: The Initiative one-shot and saw something interesting.

Spider-Woman and Ms. Marvel face off with Spider-Woman accusing Tony's side for the death of Captain America:

Spider-Woman: Captain America is dead. Now tell me again what you're doing.

Ms. Marve: He's not.

SW: What?

MM: He's not.

SW: You're lying.

MM: He's tucked away safe on the Raft. No one knows. No one. They're trying to save his life even as we speak.

So hope still lives.

and wouldn't that be typical of Marvel to give him say a bad heart or internal organs and he needs.. oh say somethin like the IronMan armor to survive?

I'm just throwing all sorts of conspircy theories out there. :P

T.

Ok then it's a clone, they cloned Thor so have the technology... so made a cap clone also to kill in public?

BTW I'm giving up on spoiler tags as several have let it out openly in this thread.

T.

BTW I'm giving up on spoiler tags as several have let it out openly in this thread.

Yeah, I've been trying to not reveal anything outside of a spoiler tag, but I think the news is pretty much out now. I can't believe Captain America was a communist. *sob* :biggrin:

Kidding aside, I don't think Tony and gang tried to have him killed, nor do I think they were in on some faked-death plan. Based solely on what I've seen in the books, I think Nick Fury was trying to free Cap using Agent 13 and Winter Soldier, be it part of a faked death or something else, however, Crossbone beat him to the punch, with Faust providing the assist via some mental manipulation on the person closest to Cap. We still don't know what Doom and Zola brought to the table yet, do we?

But at the end of Cap's book, we see him with an eye still open and still hooked up to machines, which doesn't seem like something a reputable hospital would do, especially on such a high profile person. Plus, we have Ms. Marvel, who is Tony's right hand pretty much, saying that Cap isn't dead, but rather has been spun that way while Tony's people try to save his life. Remember, we've seen the news say he was dead, but no doctor announce his death specifically.

It's a long time comic book rule: no one can ever be truly dead until you've seen their autopsy.

Yeah, I've been trying to not reveal anything outside of a spoiler tag, but I think the news is pretty much out now. I can't believe Captain America was a communist. *sob* :biggrin:

Kidding aside, I don't think Tony and gang tried to have him killed, nor do I think they were in on some faked-death plan. Based solely on what I've seen in the books, I think Nick Fury was trying to free Cap using Agent 13 and Winter Soldier, be it part of a faked death or something else, however, Crossbone beat him to the punch, with Faust providing the assist via some mental manipulation on the person closest to Cap. We still don't know what Doom and Zola brought to the table yet, do we?

But at the end of Cap's book, we see him with an eye still open and still hooked up to machines, which doesn't seem like something a reputable hospital would do, especially on such a high profile person. Plus, we have Ms. Marvel, who is Tony's right hand pretty much, saying that Cap isn't dead, but rather has been spun that way while Tony's people try to save his life. Remember, we've seen the news say he was dead, but no doctor announce his death specifically.

It's a long time comic book rule: no one can ever be truly dead until you've seen their autopsy.

And even then, they probably end up coming back anyway :tongue:

The worst thing about all of this is that the Comic Shops didn't even know anything about it. The info hit the newswire before most LCS even opened, so everybody and their brother thought that they needed a copy of the book....

It's gonna be worth something, just like when they killed Superman :whistling:

I don't have the issue. Now there's a hole in my Cap run. I'm really pissed about this.

Frakin' money grubbin, non-comic readers...

*wimpers and then cries* NOOOOOOOOOOOO DAMN U MARVEL!!! cap was the only thing that was keeping me with marvel!!!!!! wait a tick! the red skull is comin back!!!! hes not dead hes cant be dead!!!! i will quit marvel forever if the cap dies!!! :jawdrop:

Funny thing is I only started reading Captain America for the Civil War tie-in (and the previous House of M one-shot if that counts) and had planned to drop it once the tie-in finished, but given recent events, I'm really interested in seeing where the story goes so I may continue grabbing the book now.

As far as comic hording goes, yeah, I'm not surprised to see so many people jump on this issue. Its almost a guarantee that any book featuring the first appearance of a character, the return of a character, the death of a character, or just a really world-changing event will be more sought after than any other issue, but when the media actually goes so far as to discuss it on television and headline printed news with it, yeah, you can kiss that book goodbye. I'm sure it'll see a reprint if you aren't a first-printing stickler, antacost. My store sold out as well, but if one should appear on shelves for whatever reason, I'd be happy to snag it for you, and I won't even charge you the eleventy-billion dollars that it'll be worth. :biggrin:

The worst thing about all of this is that the Comic Shops didn't even know anything about it. The info hit the newswire before most LCS even opened, so everybody and their brother thought that they needed a copy of the book....

It's gonna be worth something, just like when they killed Superman :whistling:

I don't have the issue. Now there's a hole in my Cap run. I'm really pissed about this.

Frakin' money grubbin, non-comic readers...

You'll no doubt be able to pick up a copy or te 3rd or 4th print run ;)

I didn't pick one up because I knew it would drive the people at my store nuts when I mentioned they must have been busy as there was a huge event today and then said it was the release of BSG mates and didn't mention the Cap thing. :D

T.

im just heart brokin'! o well, i still get Cap America comics, so i'll no if they cancel it cuz i'll get a pink slip reading "hello tru believer! im sry to say that (comic name here) has been cancellded after issue (number here). etc blah blah blah.