UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Um... are there any figure stands for Minimates out there?

Hey guys!

I'm finally getting around to setting up a Minimates display. While not all the figures have peg-holes in their feet, a lot of them do. I was just curious if there were any Minimate action figure stands out there on the market?

Thanks!

Matt

aka Iron-Cow

neat! I hadn't seen those... I actually have the Spice Racks myself, but also a lot of hyper pets, so every time they run by the shelf shakes and the Mates tumble. ;)

Gotta give the Lego thing a try...

I bought a cheap lot of Lego from ebay to make different stands out of.

Works nicely, and also means I can change the way they're setup every now and then.

Jo

My problem is that not all minimates have holes in their feet...

I'm not a big fan of the "tacky" substances either.

Same here and I haven't been able to find a good work around either.

At one point I was trying to find C3 feet for every non C3 minimate, but it became too cumbersome.

Plus couldn't find perfect color scheme matches between feet and mates.

I'm not sure if this will work, but back when I collected Star Wars Action Fleet, I would make stands for the figures by making a mound of clay and sticking the figure's feet in it. Then, after removing the figure, I baked the clay in the oven. Of course baking clay does cause it to shrink and expand, so you may have to do some additional work with the foot holes.

It actually worked quite well for the Action Fleet figures, I don't know if there's enough to hold onto on a Minimate though.

I usually just use the clear, plastic display stands for all my DC Direct figures. Most of the times I have to drill a 1/8" hole into the bottom of their feet, but it works like a charm. Kinda silly that I'd need to do that with a Minimate, but I might give it a shot for the more unbalanced ones...

Not the best picture, but I've experimented with glueing black Lego 'nubs' onto this plastic display case. Has worked well so far.

Is there a reason Starbuck is holding Six's hand?

Yes I want to know also.

Another thing to consider: All the LOTR sets came with C3 bricks: clear 2x2 plates. They could be used for stands, or you could cut the pegs off and glue them down like Jatta Pake did up there.

• 2 weeks later...