UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Customizers, lend me your ears....

....and ideas.

I am getting close to opening up a "Fodder only" online store for customizers called the "Action Figure Junkyard".

I am kind of stuck at the moment on what lines to focus on. I know Marvel Legends are still hot in the customizing community, but what about Joes?? There is such a HUGE market for GI Joe and Star Wars, and honestly, I haven't the first clue about Star Wars and what customizers are doing with them, kind of the same as GI JOE. Are more people using 25th Anniversary stuff?? Does anyone customize the 80s stuff??

What about Halo? What are people using for customs? Is there anything lacking supply-wise in this field??

Is it worth it to buy Spawn stuff?? I don't think many people use Spawn bases for customs much.

DCUC?? I am a Marvel guy, so I am not sure what people are using for DC customs...

What about Minimates?? Would you guys benefit from a section of cheap cheap minimate fodder??

Help me out! I just don't want to buy random lots of stuff that aren't going to sell. I'd rather pay a bit more for stuff I know I can move....

HELP!

Edited by reptileink

Hey cool idea.

there's a huge masters of the universe classics customizing community.

People do custom dcu but I'm not a dc fan, do I don't know much.

Legends may still be pretty popular, but with the huge gap in production, I personally, have lodt interest, and any customs I was working on are in a bin in the closet

So far pricing is working out(checked via Ebay)

Most 6" figures will be $5 including US shipping and delivery confirmation.

That leaves me with like $1-2 profit a figure which is not much. Can't really give stuff away with the price of shipping these days.

I don't have much Mini fodder right now, but that would be dirt cheap.

I have been a customizer for over 10 years, so I have these feelers out all over various forums...lol

Thanks for your input !

I believe both 80s and 25th/ME Joes have their customizing followings, although 25th/ME seems to have outpaced the classic stuff by quite a bit.

I'd definitely appreciate a good and cheap source of Minimate fodder, come to think of it!