UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What's the next 360 bundle?

The_Donster

Has anyone heard what the new bundle is going to be for this year? I know that there is a Halo Reach one or the one I can get at Costco w/Alan Wake & Forza3, but my 21 month old already has a Reach controller. So I don't want to confuse the matter and I'd like to have a different console than the one I have downstairs. Something I loved about the Resident Evil Elite is that is was unique. Unfortunately to upgrade the memory & get a wireless adapter was half of what a new console would cost. Which is why I ended up selling it and a few games on eBay. Didn't make up for my original investment, but came damn close. Anyway, I know you guys are pretty savvy when it comes to what is coming down the pike and was wondering if you could fill me in :unsure:

If the Halo: Combat Evolved 10 year anniversary remake rumor is real then i guarantee we would also see a system bundle with that.

A long shot, but still a possibility, is Mass Effect 3

First, there haven't been any announced yet. I would assume they would have at least 1 bundle, possibly 2 by years end. Here is what you could see:

Gears of War 3 (September): I could easily see a full on Gears pack. It would include the Gears Collection (1&2), Gears 3, and a Gears themed Xbox.

Halo: Combat Evolved (TBD): As mentioned above, I do think one of the BIG secret announcements is an HD Halo Remake for Winter. If that is the case I would almost promise you there will be a bundle that probably includes a Halo branded Xbox Slim.

Mass Effect 3 (TBD): I don't think this is likely at all, but because you can still only play ME1 on Xbox, I could see them do something of a bundle where you get ME1, ME2, and ME3 with an Xbox Slim (non-branded).

Kinect Bundle (TBD): I also think there is a good chance we will see a Kinect bundle this fall. They have hinted at something big coming down the pipes for Kinect. I'm sure that Microsoft's first party has to be working on something for this holiday to move more Kinect units. It only makes since they wil make a bundle that will include said game, a system, and a Kinect....and probably still Kinect Adventures.

So, from my evaluation, I would assume if you DO see something it won't be until September. However, if I were a betting man I would say you are going to get two bundles by the end of the year, 1: A Kinect Bundle with standard Xbox Slim and new Kinect Game and 2: A Halo: CE branded Xbox Slim with maybe Halo Reach thrown in. Again, this is all speculation with nothing confirmed! neo

A GOW bundle w/themed Xbox would be awesome. Someone on another board also suggested they might do a Arkham City but like the ME3 set, it might be a long shot. Microsoft tends to stick to themes that either sale or they have some ownership in. Appreciate the speculation. Going to let the money sit there and gain a little interest for the moment. Definitely some things to think about.

• 2 months later...

Looks like it will indeed be a Gears of War 3 console that will be hitting right around the end of September. I'm digging it and love that it is coming with more memory and unique sounds to the game. Apparently Amazon is already taking pre-orders. Not sure if I'm going that route or seeing if it shows up at stores :unsure:

gears-3-console-300x135.jpg