UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DST: Wheres all the promo mates?

Well, I think that due to those events occurring during the first half of this year and add to that the 3 Marvel Movie Waves should come out near the release of the movies, the factory is slammed.

Plus promo mates don't generate money for DST directly, if much at all through future investment by getting people addicted. And they will probably save the promo mates for select big events, like SDCC and NYCC.

I'm not saying we'll never see promo 'mates again, just that the last few years have seen promos for Ghostbusters, Battle Beasts and MAX, which along with Halo and Universal Monsters are all their new lines. With the last 2 gone to retail already I can see why we don't have any new promo 'mates for this year.

Ummm... no new line? Calico Jack. Femme Fatales. Sony. Real Ghostbusters. And of course, Marvel vs. Capcom. I would promote the heck out of the last one with two blanks. Red or white with Marvel logo on chest. Blue or yellow with Capcom logo. But I guess it is too early to promote them right now.

Considering we're probably not supposed to know about MvC, it might be too soon to promote that one.

As for the rest, Sony is likely a one-and-done assortment, the Femme Fatales might not make it past a couple of box sets, and Real Ghost Busters is really just an extension of the already established Ghost Busters line, with an end already in sight since they only plan on two assortments.

Calico Jack might be too detailed to make a good promotional item. I know the Battle Beast croc-of-many-colors was a detailed item, but that's been established as a way to secure the rights to a line by making people think they were planning on selling it.

Maybe they'll have some multi-color blanks at SDCC.

i think we will deffinitley see a marvel vs capcom promo eventually, even though chuck stated that they only have 3 waves planned, i see this going aslong as DC did, but with the same promotion as the marvel line, i expect TRU waves, boxsets, specialty store waves and maybe even a place in the vehicle line (tron bonnes mecha).