UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

NGP{psp2}

DarkRedShadow

I know TM2 posted a thread about the price of this,but since that thread was closed I thought I should make a thread with my thoughts and a place for others peoples thoughts.

So I actully just found out about the system a couple of minutes ago,and it sounds impressive with a touch screen,dual analogs,camera's and such.Now I guess Im kind of stuck between choosing this or the ipad 2{WE ALL KNOW ITS COMING SOON!}

EDIT:Here's a quick video showing it off:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_hGH7Hx_n4&feature=related

and a video showing a uncharted game being played on the device:

Edited by darkredshdow

It's actually difficult for me. I used to love these things. But I am at the point where I think that Handheld gaming as a stand alone platform is dead. I have, use, and LOVE my iPhone every single day. It is the future. I can play quick 1 and done games to full story driven experiences (See the new Dead Space!!!) all on one device without ever needing to change a disk or a card. Then, to ice the cake, I haven't bought a game more expensive than $10, and that INCLUDES Dead Space.

There is just no place in the market for the PSP2 or the 3DS anymore, IMO. Sure, the 3DS has 3D going for it, but let's be honest, how long is that going to last? And the PSP2, it's a PS3 in your hand, and will at least run you $300, but most likely more. Then, to top it all off, they both use propriatary game carts. I'm done with the days of carrying around my DS with 5 or 6 game cards. Or a new, sexy PSP2, with several small game cards. Of course, the most fun is getting them from between my car seat when they fall. No thank you!

I was all for the PSP2 as the first, all Digital Next Gen Portable System. I was hoping for an iPhone with buttons, because that's what I truly want. What I got was a PSP on Steriods with a useless touch pad and a brand new game format that will is sure to fail like the UMD before it. The PSP2 is dead on arrival and while it will probably still sell OK, at the end of the day I truly believe exclusive handheld gaming is extinct! neo

It's actually difficult for me. I used to love these things. But I am at the point where I think that Handheld gaming as a stand alone platform is dead. I have, use, and LOVE my iPhone every single day. It is the future. I can play quick 1 and done games to full story driven experiences (See the new Dead Space!!!) all on one device without ever needing to change a disk or a card. Then, to ice the cake, I haven't bought a game more expensive than $10, and that INCLUDES Dead Space.

There is just no place in the market for the PSP2 or the 3DS anymore, IMO. Sure, the 3DS has 3D going for it, but let's be honest, how long is that going to last? And the PSP2, it's a PS3 in your hand, and will at least run you $300, but most likely more. Then, to top it all off, they both use propriatary game carts. I'm done with the days of carrying around my DS with 5 or 6 game cards. Or a new, sexy PSP2, with several small game cards. Of course, the most fun is getting them from between my car seat when they fall. No thank you!

I was all for the PSP2 as the first, all Digital Next Gen Portable System. I was hoping for an iPhone with buttons, because that's what I truly want. What I got was a PSP on Steriods with a useless touch pad and a brand new game format that will is sure to fail like the UMD before it. The PSP2 is dead on arrival and while it will probably still sell OK, at the end of the day I truly believe exclusive handheld gaming is extinct! neo

WOW!I never thought of portable systems like that!Thank you for letting me see the light in my dark avalanche{Did I really just type see the light in the dark avalanche}I can't believe I was gonna fall into the hype of the NGP and loose hype of ipad 2.