UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates and the UK

Forgive me if this thread has already been done but I was wondering if people could help me track down sources for me to get them. I live near the Forbidden Planet in Bristol but sadly it's getting harder and harder to get Minimates there. I am aware they have a website with them on it but I was wondering if anyone knew of any other, (hopefully) better sources for me to get them.

get stuff en mass from an etailer that will ship to the UK.

Might be interested in trying one of them. Any you could reccomend?

That or trade/buy from people on here.

Hmm. Haven't thought about that. Might look into it.

Sadly the UK sucks when it comes to getting Minimates

Tell me about it. FP Bristol used to be excellent for getting Minimates about a year ago, but (like I said above), recently it's been harder and harder to get the newer ones there. I used to go to Plymouth University and while there, they used to have an excellent comic book shop called "Kathies" which sadly closed down. At ones point they were offering certain sets at a really cheap price. Wish I got one of them when I had the chance.

Amen to that.

My local ToyRUs had loads of c3, but everything else I usually have to resort to ebay to get.

I don't think Canada is much better. We don't have Target here and Toys 'R' Us (at least the ones in the Greater Vancouver Area) seem to be months behind the US stores in terms of releases - if we get them at all.

I used to be able to find Minimates at Wal-Mart but they stopped carrying them after C3 went under. So, it's either eBay or specialty shops for me although not many comic stores here carry Minimates either.

I wonder if things are easier to find in Toronto...

It usually isn't that easy to get them here either... I've got ONE comic shop. They only get them for me because I order cases...

TRU is pretty hit and miss. They did get Darktide, they got Speed, didn't get the SF, Did get the new Marvels...

Target seems to be about the same. Sadly, they did get the Wolvie/Iceman's, but no X-Men wave in sight...

Yeah it still sucks around here as well. Comic shops just don't carry them anymore unless you order cases. TRU and Target are inconsistent. This has been an unusual run for me lately, but I had to drive to 13 Targets to get GSXM sets. Only 2 had them, 4 Wolvei/Iceman, 7 old minis or nothing. I still go to TRUs and find no minimates at all. I've gone to 4 TRUs and only 2 had the minis. Darktide is just a shelf warmer because it's expensive imo.

On-line retailers/ebay is still the top source for everyone.

London FP has the Indymates packs down to some ridiculous price too, as well as (I think) some windowed packs from early series (I'm not a big Spidey or Hulk fan so I didn't really pay much attention) and one full box of Wolvie/Mariko... which must be worth... well, carry the two, divide by... a whole English pound at least!