UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

All-Star Superman Animated Movie

Latest news coming out is that the next DC animated movie is going to be based on the All-Star Superman comic. I have to admit I haven't read any of this comic series but I have heard good things about it. I have enjoyed most of the DC animated stuff that I have seen except for the Wonder Woman and Batman Gotham Knight.

http://my.spill.com/profiles/blog/show?id=...logPost:2363849

This'll be fantastic if it comes off. Go and treat yourself to the Hardcover collection Minifiend. I still maintain that it's the best American Superhero comic ever to have been produced. Intelligent story that can be enjoyed by all ages and beautiful art. It's perfect!

This'll be fantastic if it comes off. Go and treat yourself to the Hardcover collection Minifiend. I still maintain that it's the best American Superhero comic ever to have been produced. Intelligent story that can be enjoyed by all ages and beautiful art. It's perfect!

Have you read All-Star Batman and Robin? I ask because while I haven't, I'm a big fan of Linkara who reviewed it on his show "Atop the Fourth Wall", which focuses primairly on very bad comics.

I've been meaning to read All-Star Superman so I am interested, but I thought it was announced we'll get the storyline Emerald Knights?

Have you read All-Star Batman and Robin? I ask because while I haven't, I'm a big fan of Linkara who reviewed it on his show "Atop the Fourth Wall", which focuses primairly on very bad comics.

I've read all of "All-Star Batman and Robin" (or should we start calling it "Dark Knight: Boy Wonder" now?) and it's only "very bad" if you're not in on the joke, otherwise, it's possibly the finest achievement DC's ever made in the past 76 years (what?! yeah. I included an EXTRA year on there)

Everything about that book is masterfully crafted. If you know it's alternate universe (Earth-33 I believe) the 'out of character' psychopath Batman is acceptable (no one reads "Red Rain" or whatever it's called and says "pfffff! Batman's not a vampire! worst out of character story ever!") If you know it's in-cannon with Dark Knight Returns start picking up on continuity nods (when we first see the Batcave Batman's building the Bat-Tank and the Kryptonite filled T-Rex, he gives Hal a speech Hal repeats in DKSA, Batgirl goes on a cussing spree in the same 'arcade' we first met the mutants at)... most reviews tend to read the book as if it's a trainwreck and Frank's writing it dead serious and we're the outsiders looking over the wreckage all like "HAHA! What the fuck is that?! This guy's insane!" but really the book is a well crafted 'stunt show' every crash is well planned, Frank is aware it's a joke and while we say "LOL!WTF!" he's saying "LOL! They're gonna laugh at this bit for sure.." how can I be sure? Well: Vikki Vale calls the main character "a goddamned Batman" in the very first issue, it's subtle, she's complaining Metropolis gets a hunky man-o-steel while gotham gets... YEP! It looks like Frank completely lost his shit and after the Internet decided "I'm the goddamn batman" was hillarious over used it, but he intended from Book 1 to have the character called "the Goddamn Batman", it was HIS running joke not an internet meme he adapted into the story.

anyway... back on track, All-Star Superman is a different animal then ASB&RtBW aka DK:BW but they need to animate it and DKR too!... Strangely for the love All-Star Superman gets and as much as I love ASB&RtBW I never read it, I couldn't get into Superman.

I hated All Star Batman. Bought issue 1. That was enough for me. I should have known better because Miller's DK2 was a disaster as well.

The All-Star books were sold as out of continuity books in a similar vein to Marvel's Ultimate Universe.

Morrison's Superman was almost a love letter to the character. Miller's Batman was a piss take. A friend of mine who works at my LCS was a huge advocate of All Star Batman but was very much in the minority. Not that it bothered him.

If it was all a joke then it was a poor one.

"they're always there for me, they always catch me, they're always there for me they always catch me, I fly"

"vicki vale talks through her ass" :lol:

"dick grayson age 12"

"batmobile slices a car in half"

god I love that linkara review truly pointed out the comics flaws, not that it needed to.

I enjoyed all star B&R, sure it was dumb, but it was enjoyable,its one of those" it so bad its good" comics

but anyway ALL star superman getting animated, :woot: , oh man I can't wait!!

all star superman is one of my favorite books, it's an amazing read, I would buy the absolute version if I didn't already have the trades, but seriously if You've haven't read it, do so now!